Chapter 7

"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."
— Roald Dahl

💚

It's black, bold features were harsh against his light skin, attracting a sense of fear to over-wash me.

I wasn't scared of what he was capable of. No, it was quite the opposite. It was purely the fear of his involvement with Voldermort, my grandpa. The one person who I shared a passionate hatred for, the one person who made my blood boil with disgust and disappointment.

Even though I had known Draco for a few months, I knew in the bottom of my heart that he didn't have a choice.

Yes, he may have all the money in the world. But he still didn't have a few things. Far more important than money.

A loving family.

A choice.

You may ask, "How do you know this Phoebe?" Well, I actually don't. I only know that his parents were just like mine, too good for themselves.

Draco looked at me with complete utter fear, the kind of fear you would see on a child's face who just saw a ghost. His skin turned a solid white, while his eyes began to fill with tears.

Lip quivering and body trembling, he broke down. Tears streaming down his face like an everlasting waterfall. Body thrusting with each sob he let out.

I immediately made my way to Draco and gave him a comforting hug. Letting him sob into my chest, not caring if his tears stained my shirt. His arms wrapped around my body, squeezing it tight.

We stayed like this for five minutes, his sobs becoming less frequent as he calmed down.

I interrupted the moment. "It's ok Draco, I don't think you're a bad person. You're still the same, happy, funny boy you used to be. You're no different in my eyes." I whispered comfortingly, causing a faint smile to be placed on his lips.

"I had no choice, I had to do it." Draco choked out.

He let go of the hug and faced me. His swollen, red eyes and cheeks stripped with tears, made him look more devastated and destroyed than I anticipated.

I couldn't help it. I tried my best to not cry, but I couldn't control the urge to. I felt like a terrible person, my grandpa ruined his childhood. Took away his happy life from him by making him a death eater. My grandpa, one of the most powerful wizards in the world who shared the same blood as me ruined his life. I felt responsible.

I looked away from his gaze, hoping he wouldn't notice. But clearly he did.

"Phoebe. Please don't cry. It'll make me want to cry more." He dryly laughed, attempting to lighten my mood. Which was successful, as my tears reluctantly stopped.

I turned to face him, a few tears threatening to let loose at any moment.

"Thank you. Thank you for comforting me. No ones ever done that to me before." Draco gratefully told me. A couple of tears sliding down his cheek at the realisation of his loneliness.