Chapter 9

Love is a feeling, a feeling of happiness. Love is powerful, too powerful to play with. This feeling is strange and hard to describe, but when you fall in love, you will know it inside.
—Unknown

💚

A week after Draco and I's talk, we become closer than ever. Our conversations gradually became more interactive and meaningful, as if our abrupt change in demeanour had a purpose.

A purpose that I still questioned.

He had a soft side to him, a side that had finally been hatched after longing to be introduced to the real world. To prove that he indeed, wasn't all bad.

Draco had been exposed to evil all his life.
Abused mentally by his father, resulting in him to take the influential belief, that bullying innocent students would help bury his sorrows into the depths of the earth. So deep in fact, that it would take years to discover the many layers of concealed feelings.

This was the side I first encountered.

But now, I finally saw the kind, gentle side to him.

The real Draco.

All he needed was someone who could comfort him when he was feeling his lowest, to hug him and truthfully tell him that everything was going to be okay.

Draco never had this type of emotional support with his family, which was something I could easily relate to as well. Our parents both being involved with unlawful activities didn't help, either.

His overall mood enlivened rapidly. The bags under his eyes vanished, his skin turned a healthy shade and the usual sad expression that would take shape on his face, was now replaced with happiness.

He had finally told someone his feelings, feelings that had been bottled up and drifted to sea.

We always found ourselves talking to each other at ungodly hours in the morning. Sneaking around the castle like professional spies and making our way to the Astronomy Tower, to have our occasional lengthy conversations.

One particular morning, I found myself telling Draco, "I'm scared my parents are going to figure out where I have ran off to. What if they come searching for me?"

Draco paused for a couple of seconds, searching for the appropriate response. "Phoebe, they won't. And if they do, I'll hide you in my bed."

This answer resulted in him sending me a playful smirk and wink. Causing me to laugh at his childish behaviour.

"But in all seriousness, they can't leave their house. Right? The ministry would snatch them up in literal seconds." He reassured me.

"Yeah, I pray that's the case. But have your parents said anything about my disappearance? Surely they have been notified?" I asked Draco, alerted.

"I've heard them talking about it, but they still have no idea where you could possibly be." Draco responded.

💚

I don't remember much of what happened early this morning. I was so exhausted that I subconsciously fell asleep.

But to my avail, I woke up in my bed.

I checked the time, it was one o'clock in the afternoon. I had over slept.

Thank god it was Saturday.

Flustered, I dragged my legs over the bed and walked to my dresser. I got changed into suitable clothes for the chilly weather outside.

Wind howled through the castle, as gasps of air squeezed through the open windows.