Chapter 20

"Only the dead have seen the end of war."
—George Santayana

💚

A few days later
Dumbledores death

"Avada Kedavra!"

A shrilling silence lingered in the atmosphere as Dumbledores lifeless body toppled off the Astronomy tower; white, wispy hair flailing in the strong breeze.

He was dead—gone forever; existence vanished in thin air.

Snapes silhouette loomed over the brick; figure disappearing from sight as he exited the tower.
It wasn't going to be long until death eaters piled into the school and took over: kill innocent students.

Draco and I immediately left the scene, too grieve-stricken to even glance back.

"We need to leave." Draco concluded; panic rising in his tone.

"But Draco—we can't just let innocent people die—let alone let Death eaters take over the school—"

"I know, but what else can we do? Stay here and take the blame for Dumbledores death?"

I grew silent; solemnly nodding my head in agreement.

"Okay—fine, where are we goi—"

An array of colours swirled around us rapidly, blending together as the surrounding environment changed.

"Diagon Alley." I exclaimed.

💚

Guilt hung over our solemn faces; was reminded of Hogwarts life at stake.

We were the reason Hogwarts was now shit.

We were the reason Dumbledore was dead.

We were bad, evil people.

Draco and I both knew we were going to be discovered in a matter of time, but for the moment, escaping from Voldemort's grasp was better than anything.

Finding a secluded alleyway, we set up a tent; hiding in its thin walls, hoping for safety and seclusion away from the others.

"There's going to be a war, isn't there." I stated, interrupting the eerie silence.

Draco pondered for a moment, thinking of the right thing to say; make reality feel less frightening.

"Yes—soon, there's going to be a war. I overheard my parents discussing it one night. Voldemort's bidding."

"Do you know when? Maybe we can warn people before it's too late—" I was interrupted by Draco's panicked tone.

"Presumably in a few weeks—maybe less, I don't know. All I know is that it's going to happen soon and he'll want us on his side; fight for him."

He paused for a few seconds before continuing. "If they find us, we're fucking screwed."

💚

Dear Bee,
I hope you're okay.
I need you, Bee, I love you so much.
The battle of Hogwarts is about to commence, I wish you were here. But you're safer now, that's all that matters.
You are my antidote Bee, you are an angel from heaven. Without you, I wouldn't know how to act. You made me a better person. I love you.
Love,
Draco

*These series of letters in previous chapters will make sense towards the end of the book.

💚

A few weeks later

The newspaper read:

Voldemort is back!
Students at Hogwarts are now facing severe compulsion of obeying the darkest wizard of all time; exposed to manipulation of their new teachers: the carrows. It is compulsory for residential owners to either hide in seclusion—or run. He is back, and he's ready to kill anyone who gets in his way.

"Shit

"Shit." Draco muttered under his breath; clutching the crumpled newspaper in his hands.

A distant murmur occurred in the distance, silencing Draco and I's hushed trepidation.

"He wants them back—"

Draco and I peeked our head around the corner curiously.

Two unfamiliar faces stood five or so meters away; talking in a hushed manner, oblivious to the two heads poking out from behind the brick wall.

"He wants them to help him with his plan."

"Why though?"

"Haven't I already told you dumb ass? Wouldn't you want your granddaughter to be on your side?"

Just before we were going to head back to safety; risk of prying eyes, a pair of pupils landed on me; a devilish smirk playing on their lips.

"I found them." 

💚

Shit is about to get real!
I'm literally so excited for the last chapters coming up, there's a massive plot twist!
I'm going to be inactive between Tuesday - Friday, going on a camp 🏕
Anyways, have a great day today, make sure to hit that ⭐️
There is probably going to be two or so chapters left!