Chapter 19

"Now it's the dark's turn to be afraid."
— Joseph Delaney

💚

All my life I had questioned my existence, questioned why I had to be born into a psychopathic family.

Why me?

Why couldn't I have been born into a normal, loving family; one who caters for me and provides unconditional love to me?

Why?

But, of course, my parents participate in illegal activities. Of course the darkest wizard in the wizarding world had to be my grandpa.

I sat alone in my dorm; tear tracks ran down my face like an uncontrollable waterfall. My knees were pushed up against my chest, providing a sense of support and morality.

I had cried for so long I couldn't even feel anything other than emptiness.

Draco and I were required to attend the meeting held in the Malfoy manor tonight. Apparently there was some 'important' business that must be discussed. Maybe they were finally going to own up to their mistakes and apologise. Anything.

But I knew that wasn't the case at all. I knew Voldemort was going to assign Draco and I some fucked up task: murdering someone at the minimum.

I guess we'll have to find out, won't we?

My thoughts vanished out of my head as a noticeable creaking sound echoed around the room eerily; gaze brought up onto the blonde boy before me, pure worry laced his face.

He rushed towards me and engulfed me into a comforting, reassuring hug.

We stayed like this for hours it felt like; each other's presence being our only solace of comfort.

💚

You could go to the Malfoy Manor hundreds of times, but no matter the circumstance, sadness would look over you like an everlasting shadow; hang over you infinitely. Emitting no source of hope.

You can do this.

They won't tell you to hurt anyone.

Please, please can this be a normal meeting without involving killing innocent people.

Wrong. You know what's going to happen...

I could practically hear the incorrect buzzer ringing loudly in my head, as if I had just answered a wrong question.

Shit's about to go down.

"Welcome, welcome everyone. As you all know, I have commenced a meeting to justify what I'm planning." Rasped Voldermort.

He paused for a couple of seconds before continuing.

"My two fellow followers here will need to listen intently—since they will be participating in this task."

His cold gaze scanned the room until they landed on Draco and I; eyes slit and mouth turned into an evil smile that could only mean one thing... murder.

My beating heart drowned out surrounding noise around me; hands picking at my fingernails as an act of anxiousness for the upcoming task he had planned for us.

"Well unfortunately, I have not assigned you another task—"

I breathed in a heavy sigh. It felt like a huge weight had finally been lifted off of my chest.

"But, you must complete the previous task I assigned you by next week."

Draco shook beside me; face turning pale.

What task?

Maybe he had told Draco and not me?

"Ah, Phoebe, I must inform you of the task—I told Draco, but not you."

"Before the end of the year—I want you to let all of the death eaters into the castle through a vanishing cabinet. If you insist, research about floo networks, it'll help you with your task. Also—I need that headmaster of yours dead."

His words rang in my head eerily, as if they were ricocheting off my brain and rebounding off my skull. Kill Dumbledore? Let all the death eaters in and risk the safety of all the students. No. This is fucking torture.

💚

Time had passed, things had to be done—well, they didn't have to be.

We didn't have to kill Dumbledore; didn't have to let humane people walk through our schools walls freely. So much for a choice.

A few days had passed since our previous meeting. Draco and I found ourselves in the room of requirement testing the cabinet floo network. To our avail, it was unsuccessful, but our next attempt made our stomachs drop in disappointment—success.

The white dove nonchalantly appeared at the entrance of the cabinet; white feathers glimmering against the dark, harsh features of the wooden material.

"Well this is absolute horse shit." I sighed solemnly; head hung low.

"We could just pretend it was unsuccessful?" He questioned hopefully.

"I wish—Voldemort would murder us right on the spot because we 'didn't accomplish his given task.'"

"Fuck." Draco muttered under his breath, as if his only plan was debunked by some famous brand.

"How am I—going to murder Dumbledore—our headmaster, he's done nothing wrong and doesn't dese—"

I cut Draco off by embracing him in a comforting hug.

"It'll be okay."

Okay was definitely the incorrect terminology for something that wasn't even true, unexaggerated. I knew it wasn't going to be okay. I knew that people were going to die and lives be lost. I knew that we were going to be horrible people.

💚

Disclaimer:
Thank you guys so much for 2K!
Sorry for the long break, been really busy with homework and school in general 😒
Have a great day today :)

Question:
What Hogwarts house is underrated? Which one is overrated?