Chapter 16

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation. Not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people who sit around and say, "Wait on time."
— Martin Luther King Jr

💚

DRACO'S POV

I really had no choice whatsoever in the matter; forced to quit quidditch just to fulfil my parents desires and pleads. I was obliged to end my quidditch career at Hogwarts.

Slytherin against Ravenclaw; a match to be played soon, vital for declaring the winner.

Phoebe was playing today. Anticipation and anxiousness was radiating off of her body dangerously; palms sweaty and heart pounding at an incredibly fast pace.

The quidditch stadium was jam-packed with eager supporters. An array of blue and green were divided by each side, Slytherin and Ravenclaw. I was seated in the stadium, searching the team for a familiar brown haired girl, Phoebe.

In moments it felt like, an ear splitting whistle echoed around the stadium; screaming and yelling accompanied the dispersing whistle.

To everyone's avail, it was perfect temperature for playing quidditch, unlike last games forecast: wet and windy.

Every now and then cheers could be heard as either the opposing team missed a goal or their own team they were supporting gained an extra point. This cycle went on for ever it felt like, until some random Ravenclaw caught the snitch. Bloody asshole.

You could practically hear the boos and eye-rolls from Slytherin as Ravenclaw won the game.

PHOEBE'S  POV

How did we fucking lose the game?

Well, I was to tired to care anyways—I just wanted to see Draco.

A couple of minutes passed and Draco and I finally reunited, pushing past crowds of people in an effort to be face to face.

"If you were playing, we would've won." I admitted.

"I know right, I'm just so good you need me so badly."

We both chuckled at his boast, but stopped immediately when I heard an unfamiliar voice behind me murmur.

"Long time no see, Phoebe." The cold voice muttered.

I looked at Draco for reassurance, maybe just to reassure me that the person wasn't talking to me or that they'd make a big mistake.

His reaction said otherwise.

I turned around.

I was met with a tall man wearing black, clutching an intimidating cane in one of his hands; long, blonde hair blowing in the slight wind. Everything about this man reminded me of Draco...

It was his father.

💚

Disclaimer:
Yes I know, this chapter is shit and short. I haven't been feeling motivated to write, so I'm sorry. I'll try to prioritise writing this book along with homework!

Question:
What is your favourite lesson at Hogwarts?