Chapter 14

"Sometimes when you're drunk you can see better."
— Damien Hirst

💚

Draco led me to the Astronomy tower; our usual spot.

Cold air seeped through the large windows, causing goosebumps to rise on Draco and I's skin.

The stars projected a prominent light to shine upon the vast area, all twinkling and sparkling against the black sheet of sky. We sat down on the concrete floor, backs against the brick. His silver rings wrapping around the bottle of alcohol tightly.

"Thank god we got out of there, it was way too noisy."

"Yeah." Agreed Draco.

A momentarily silence lingered in the air, both of us taking in the calm environment.

"I'd rather spend it with you." He continued while turning to face me, a smile creeping onto his lips.

I faced him, my cheeks uncontrollably burning up. I couldn't help but giggle, flattered by his sweet comment.

"Same, it's nicer." I replied earnestly.

He opened the bottle, taking a few gulps before wiping his mouth.

"Want some?"

Without thinking I grabbed the bottle and took a few sips, a funny expression taking place on my face as the alcohol burned my throat.

Hours went by, laughing and chatting away. An occasional swig of fire whiskey occurring along the way.

At this point, Draco and I were drunk; not heavily, but enough to be considered somewhat drunk. Our worlds slowly became more slurred and jumbled each time another sip of fire whiskey was consumed.

It was the early hours in the morning by now, the sky gradually becoming slightly lighter. Droplets of alcohol was splattered on the floor as it left traces on the ground.

Draco and I shuffled closer together, compressing body warmth against the chilly air that swept through the gaping windows. I leant my head over his shoulder as an act of support; becoming restless from the fire whiskey.

I took a last gulp at the remaining alcohol left and clumsily placed it on the floor, a loud sound projecting from the bottles collision against the concrete.

DRACO'S  POV

Everything about her; the littlest details, still remained the same.

Her smile.

Her dimples.

Her rosy cheeks.

Her laugh.

Everything.

But not in a bad way. No, not at all, the complete opposite to be frank. Phoebe's flaws were still perfection in my eyes. Well, not like she really had any.

When my dad told me about the plan to obliviate her memory, I was an emotional wreck. I just couldn't accept the fact that I'll never get to see her again, let alone talk to her.