Chapter 26

Yangyang had drove them to school after breakfast, but he had to dash to his dance class so couldn't stay with Xia for long. She didn't mind though, settling at her usual place in the cafeteria.

"Congratulations Xia." Xiaojun said he sat down next to her at the cafeteria table. Xia slid her headphones off.

"What?" Xia asked but Xiaojun was already shoving his phone in her face.

13 missed calls from Kun-ge.

"That's not it." Xiaojun said as he tapped his phone, popping up his messages screen.

Kun-ge
Xiaojun, is Xia with you?

Xiaojun
No, gege. She's not. Is something wrong?

Kun-ge
Who's her boyfriend? Have you met him? Give me his number.

Xiaojun
Kun-ge, I'm really sorry but I don't know anything about Xia's boyfriend. I didn't even know she had one.

Kun-ge
Give me your address. I'm coming over.

"He didn't actually come over though, right?" Xia asked, biting her lip. Xiaojun's face was still unimpressed though.

"He sure did, alright. And as terrified I was of him yelling at me, he didn't. He cried, Xia. He was worried when you didn't come home and didn't answer his calls, what did you even do?" Xiaojun asked the girl.

"I um.. Blocked his number." Xia mumbled, feeling embarassed. "But for good reason!"

"Kun-ge said you two fought because you were mad that he cared about you. I'm assuming that's not the full story." Xiaojun said.

"It's not." Xia said with a deep sigh. "See, this is what's frustrating. He doesn't even understand why I'm so mad. I'm just so sick and tired of him trying to keep me in this box. I just want to run wild and do my own thing, why can't I do that?"

Xiaojun shrugged, putting his phone down. "Maybe he needs to actually see how good you are for him to believe that."

"Okay but I need to actually be able to perform for that and last time I checked, no club owners want a college student with no experience being their DJ." Xia said, tugging her roots in frustration.

"Connections?" Xiaojun suggested but even he knew that it was something Xia didn't have.

Xia glanced at the time in the corner of her laptop screen. I need to get to class.

"If you see my brother, tell him I don't plan on coming home until he figures out what the problem is." Xia said, gathering her things. Xiaojun didn't seem happy with her answer, grabbing her arm.

"Xia, don't do this. Kun-ge really cares about you, he just has a bad way of showing it." Xiaojun told her.

Xia scoffed, removing her arm from her friend's grasp.

"If he really did care about me, he would let me chase my dreams like a supportive brother would."

...

Yangyang was surprised when he saw Renjun in the halls as he was making his way to the cafeteria. "Renjun?"

"Oh hi." Renjun said, smiling as he waved to Yangyang. "Just finished class?"

"Yeah." Yangyang said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "What brings you here?"

"Just looking around." Renjun told him. "Winwin gege suggested coming here for school."