Page 16

16/365

Day 16 of 365

Whenever your brain tricks you into thinking that you don't matter, remember this.

You are a part of something. It could either be a family, a group of friends, a group of colleagues, a team, or a community of people who supports each other.

Your presence, whether you think of it as something big or something small, it matters.

The girl who liked my photo once.

The old woman who smiled at me.

That one stranger who helped me by paying for my ride when I forgot my money.

That fast food crew who spoke to me.

That random kid I bumped into who complimented me.

Those were small interactions that stayed in my mind for a long time.

The ones I mentioned were just few of the many strangers who made me feel better during tough times.

Now that I come to think of it, maybe I was like that to someone else at some point in my life.

Maybe I lent a hand to someone I don't know and the thought of me helping lingered in their minds? Maybe I bumped into a stranger, said sorry and now they know me as someone who was kind to them? Or maybe when I smiled at a kid, I unknowingly taught them to be nice.

It's amazing how our small acts can make a difference, how our mere presence illuminated someone's path.

Those people that I mentioned, they aren't aware of how their existence made me feel.

You may not know this, but I am sure that someone out there -- someone you least expect, is more than happy that you exist.

A person who have or haven't crossed your mind probably couldn't stop thinking about you and that one nice thing you did for them.

If we have this much impact to strangers, what more to the people we care about.

We are all part of something and that something is a huge a part of who we are.

You matter as much as I do. 

Each and everyone of us matters. Our feelings, our actions, our presence. We can make a difference.

Your existence is a blessing and should be celebrated and someone else's world is a better place with you in it.