WE'RE WATCHING THE NOTEBOOK

THE TELL

__________________

__________________

c h a p t e r e i g h t

Carson was supposed to be home. She was not supposed to be in the backseat of Lydia's car, listening to her and Jackson bicker over a stupid movie. Luckily he got out the car, so she got some peace and quiet, if only for a few moments.

"Grab me Mean Girls, please!" she yells after him, leaning out of the window.

"Why am I here?" she sighs.

"Because your mom said she wants you staying over my house for the week since your grandma had to go back to Mexico," Lydia responds, taking selfies.

"Yes, but why am I here? Why couldn't you drop me off?" she asks.

"Because there's no point in wasting gas," she looks back.

"Oh, whatever," she lays her head back.

"Um Lyds, what's up with the lights?" she looks up.

"Can't talk," she mumbles, taking selfies.

"I'm gonna go check-- nevermind you aren't paying attention," Carson gets out of the car.

As soon as she walks toward the store, the alpha jumps out the window, knocking her head on the ground. The last thing she heard before she passed out was Lydia's piercing scream.

She really should have just dropped her off.

_____

When Stiles pulled up to the video store, he wasn't expecting to see Carson. At first all he saw was a shocked Lydia and an annoyed Jackson. But then, there was someone being hauled into an ambulance. He could tell it was a girl, because there was hair flowing down the stretcher. But then her hand fell, and he saw the bracelet he got for her 14th birthday.

"Wait dad, that's Carson," he yells, running over to the ambulance.

"Is she okay? What happened? Why is she unconscious?" he asks the EMT.

"Sir I'm gonna need you to step back," she puts her hand out.

"Just--Is she gonna be alright?" he asks, getting worried.

"You'll be able to see her at the hospital," she closes the door.

____

She woke up in the hospital, her dad by her side.

"Wow, if all I had to do was go to the hospital to see you, I would have hit my head sooner. You basically live here," she laughs.

"Very funny, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"I have a headache but I don't really remember much," she sighs.