TO PLAY OR NOT TO PLAY

SECOND CHANCE AT FIRST LINE

__________________________c h a p t e r  f o u r

c h a p t e r  f o u r

"Thanks for giving me a ride, my dad found out about the whole 'head pain on the highway' and now I can't drive anywhere except the game on Friday. Honestly he's just punishing me for that stupid quiz," Carson says getting in the car.

"No problem, thank you for the coffee," Lydia grabs the tumbler.

"So how are things with Jackass?" she asks, as Lydia makes a sharp turn.

"Why do you hate him so much? You're supposed to be happy for me," Lydia gets defensive.

"I would be, if he weren't such a jerk. Lydia he's not worth your time," she pleads.

"Like you have room to talk," she turns into the school parking lot.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she glares, blood pressure rising.

"It means you throw yourself at every guy who shows you a little attention, so you can't judge me for having a real relationship," Lydia sneers, throwing the brunette off guard.

"You know what? I'll walk home," she gets out of the car, hurt that her best friend would say such a thing.

"Good, I don't need the stench of chlorine in my car," she whines.

____

Annoyed from this morning's events, Carson storms through the hallway like a maniac, heels clacking in her wake.

"Stiles, you're giving me a ride today," she grabs the buzzcut boy, startling him a bit by her demeanor.

"Sure, Carson, I love being bossed-" he stops, seeing her deadly look.

"Hey Carson," Tyler walks up again.

"Hey Tyler," she rolls her eyes.

"Uh, would you still want to see that movie next week?" he asks, rubbing his head.

"Yeah, I guess... If you give me a ride home," she flips her hair, walking away.

"I'll text you?" he yells in her direction, Stiles patting his back when he gets no response.

"Bummer Davis," he smirks, before realizing he was her ride home.

"Wait! I was your ride? Do you not need one anymore?" he says, giving up as he sees her turn the corner.

"Bummer Stilinski," Tyler mocks him before walking off.

"I hate that guy," he mumbles.

____

"Scott," Carson whispers to him, standing at his locker. 

"Yes," he whispers back.

"I heard you were first line, so yay, and I got my coach to let me leave the meet early, so I could go to your game," she remarks.