62%: vet

A week later

Noah's pov

"Watcha doin?" Bryce peeped his fat head into my room.

"Nothin. Watching a documentary." i shrug as i paused the youtube video.

"Lame." he quickly shut the door.

Then i unpaused the video.

"Hey Verona! How have you been?" Fletcher recorded Verona as she walked down the streets of LA towards her car.

"I've been good! And you?" she grinned at the camera.

"I'm doing good as well." he responded. "so how was your trip to New York with Blake?"

"It was good. We had a fun time." she responded as she looked in her purse for her car keys.

Its been a week since her trip to New York. I might look psycho for watching these videos. But its whatever.

Out of nowhere i got a call.

From Verona herself.

That has to mean something.

I clear my throat before picking up. "Hey whats up?" I jumped up from the bed.

"Hey its me. Sorry to bother you but umm i just wanted to know if Woody accidentally ate something he wasn't supposed to? He keeps throwing up and I don't know what to do." i could hear her little sniffles through the other end.

"No. Not that i know of. Do you want me come over and see him?"

"Cam you please? i really dont know what to do. He looks sick hut the vet isn't answering and-"

"Dont worry. I'm coming." Thats when i quickly bolted out the house and hopped into my car.

Thank the lord i was nicely dressed already. Gotta make good impressions. I even used the cologne Verona likes.

I swerved through the city until i reached her apartment.

Once i got to her door she opened it before i could knock.

"We have to go." she yelled frantically with Woody in a blanket.

He did look awful. And so did she.

"Okay cmon." I led her towards my car.

We drove around until we found the nearest vet that was open.

I parked the car and ran over to her side of the car and helped her with a sick Woody.

"I'll take him in." i reassure her as i hold him and take him inside.

After billions of questions they finally took him in. So all we had to do was wait.

We sat in my car in silence.

"What if he doesn't make it?" she pouted at me.

"Don't stress yourself. babe." i let out a deep sigh.

"Wait what did you say?" her eyes grew wide.

"I said dont stress yourself out, V." i repeated.

"Oh... okay." her brows knitted together in pure confusion.

"He'll be fine." i said softly.

Then we sat there. The silence was starting to get to me.

"How was your trip with Blake?"

"It was good." she nodded her head.

"What did you guys do?"

"Oh ya know... tourist things." she shrugged as she avoided eye contact.

"Are things good between you two?" i question.

"Yeah? why wouldnt it?"

"You havent been around the Sway house to see Blake in a while. I dont know. I just thought yall were fighting or something."

"No. We're fine. Im just super busy."

I nodded my head in acceptance. Then it grew silent again.

"Hey Noah... i was wondering... if Woody turns out to be okay, do you want to hang out tomorrow?" i watched as she looked at me nervously. "As friends of course." she quickly clarified.

"Well yeah of course." i responded so fast. My face heated up.

She just smiled and nodded her head.

That was when the vet stepped out the building calling for us to come inside.

"Your dog will be fine. He just has an upset tummy. When you feed him just try and give him chicken and rice. So its easy on the tummy. It should go away pretty soon. We have him some medicine to help avoid the vomit."

And with that news we headed back to her place.

"If you wanna stay a while then you're welcome to."

"Yeah thats cool." i nod as i make my way to her couch.

I laid with Woody as we watched TV. Verona on the other couch.

We were having small talk. We were watching some show called Love Island so we were talking about who should get voted out.

-sweeteasaint