57%: not a date

Verona's pov

"This is fun!" Noah cheered as we ate lunch in silence.

I just stared at him blankly.

It was awkward as hell.

Noah might think differently. But Blake and i were uncomfy.

"So what did you do today?" Blake cleared his throat as he looked at me with a gentle smile.

"I spent the day with some friends. Nothing special." Noah answered before I could.

If only Blake was talking to him.

"Dude I was asking Verona. Can you shush?" Blake laughed. I could tell he was holding off on being rude to Noah but he was at his peak.

"I just spent the day getting ready for this lunch." I cleared my throat awkwardly.

"You mean date?" Noah questioned us both before taking another bite of his sandwich. He asked the question as if he had caught us.

"No. Lunch." I glare at him. "Unlike some people, i don't date all my besties."

"Then why does it seem like you guys dont want me here?" He cleaned his hands with a napkin.

"Dude i literally asked you 2 nights ago if it was okay if i take Verona out.. Now you're making it seem like your here to make sure nothing happens between us."

"That is so not true." He let out a laugh as he denied it.

"Mhm." I roll my eyes as i poke at my food.

Noah got all awkward once he saw how annoyed I was.

"I'm just gonna go get a refill on my soda." Blake stood up from his seat and walked off.

"V, why are you mad?" Noah's voice softened.

I didnt even bother looking at him anymore.

"Im not mad. It just sucks that I cant hang out with guys without you getting in between it. Its like its okay for you to surround yourself around people but I cant."

"Its not like i did it on purpose."

"Noah!" i finally looked at him again. "You were literally out with Dixie and the other today. Then as Blake and I are going to lunch you just happen to arrive home. Coincidentally running into us. Then joining us. I mean would you like it if I went and joined your hangouts with Dixie?" I let out a tired sigh.

He stayed silent for a minute. I turned to see Blake finished refilling his drink and about to head back.

"I know you won't believe me because you never do. But i only came because I wanted to spend time with you rather then just mess around in your apartment. I miss hanging out with you. But i guess im the only one. So i'll stay out of your life from now on." He stood from his chair and walked off.

—sweeteasaint

me too