Chapter 9 Dead in the water

If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead.
**************************************************************
Third pov

(Y/n) can't say she's a big fan of having an injured foot. It's annoying as hell and her brothers won't let her walk anywhere unless it's absolutely necessary.

Thankfully, she gets to go to the bathroom on her own.

When she gets back to where Dean and Sam are sitting they fill her in on their next hunt.

"So, what can it be?" She mutters.

Dean ruffles her hair. "Dunno, but we're gonna find out. Need help to Baby?"

She's about to say no, but someone to hold on to doesn't sound too bad. (And once again, there's an uncomfortable tension between her older brothers.) "Yeah, that'd be nice."

She knows they don't want to involve her. Completely pointless if you really think about it as she's quite literally in the midst of it and sick to death of Sam's new attitude.

Time skip

Dean parked in front of the house where the drowning victim had lived.

"You're staying here." Dean says when he sees her getting ready to get out of the car.

"But-"

"No. You're injured. You're staying here." Dean pushed their dads journal to her. "We'll tell you what we find. Maybe you can look for something that sounds like what we're looking for."

The teen is less than happy about being confined to the backseat while they get to do everything. Something Dean knows and feels bad about, but he's not going to let his baby sister mess up her foot permanently.

"You better actually tell me everything."

"I promise."

******************************************************
A young man opened the door for them.

"Will Carlton?"

"Yeah, that's right."

"I'm Agent Ford, this is Agent Hamill. We're with the U.S. Wildlife Service." Dean let him see the fake badge. "We're here to ask a few questions about the death of your sister."

Will didn't look too happy to have to talk more about it, but he led them to the back of the house.

"She was about a hundred yards out. That's where she got dragged down."

"You're sure she didn't just drown?"

"No way. She was a varsity swimmer. She practically grew up in that lake. She was as safe out there as she was in her own bathtub." Will answered.

Sam frowned. "So, no splashing? No signs of distress?"

"No, that's what I'm telling you."

"Did you see any shadows in the water?"

******************************************************************

Flipping through the journal didn't help much. Of course there was notes on different monsters that tend to be found in or around water, but nothing specific to what they had in their information.

"Got anything?" Dean asked as he and Sam got back into the car.

(Y/n) shakes her head. "Nope. Nada. Nothing. Please tell me you have something."

"No signs of distress, no splashing and the victim was an experienced swimmer." Sam told her.

"So, nothing new. Well, what do we do now?"

"Sam and I are going to talk to the local sheriff. You are staying in the car."

(Y/n) groaned. "Oh come on! There's gotta be something I can do!"

Sam gave her a sympathetic look. "We'll set up so you can do some research when we find a motel."

Still feeling the unfairness of it all, she sighed and rested her head against the window. "If this is the result of facing a Wendigo, it's not worth it."

Time skip

She did indeed have to sit in the car while her brothers went inside. But they did at least come to get her before going to the motel.

"(Y/n), this is Andrea. She's showing us a motel. Andrea, this is my younger sister, (y/n)." Dean introduced them.

(Y/n) smiled and shook the woman's hand. "It's nice to meet you."

She meant it it too. What was less nice was hearing Dean's cringe worthy pick up lines. Although, hearing Andrea roast them made it better.

"Name three kids you even know. Without counting our sister."

When Dean couldn't, Sam and (y/n) laughed and started going inside. Still slow considering her foot.

Time skip

Sam set his little sister up with a computer while he and Dean got their things and looked through the weapons they have.

"So there's the three drowning victims this year." (y/n) started.

"Any before that?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." She clicked through a few other articles. "Six more, spread out over the past 35 years. No recovered bodies."

"If there is something out there, it's picking up its pace." Sam said.

"So we got a lake monster on a binge?"

"This whole lake-monster theory, it just bugs me." Sam said. He'd come over to skim through the articles too. "Loch Ness. Lake Champlain. There's literally hundreds of eyewitness accounts. But here, almost nothing."

"Whatever's out there. No one's alive to talk about it." (y/n) said while clicking into another article.

"Wait!" Dean pointed to a name on the screen. "Barr. Christopher Barr. Where have I heard that name before?"

The teen opened a page she'd been on earlier. "Christopher Barr. The victim in May. There was one survivor in the incident, his son, Lucas."

"Andrea is his mom." Sam added.

(Y/n) continued. "Apparently he was stuck on a floating wooden platform for two hours after his dad drowned." She pulled up a picture of Lucas after he'd just been saved.

"Maybe we have an eyewitness after all."

"No wonder the kid was so freaked out. Watching one of your parents die isn't something you just get over." Dean commented.

"Well, let's see if we can get more answers from the Barr family."

So, I have to admit. I had no idea it had gone by so long since I updated this. I'm so sorry!

Good news though. I have two more chapters almost done. All they need is that I go through them and do some editing.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)