Chapter 10

If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead.
********************************************************************
Third pov

"Can we join you?"

Andrea seemed a little surprised to see them. "I'm here with my son."

Dean spotted Lucas over by another bench, seemingly fully imersed in colouring. "Mind if I say hi?"

He didn't wait for an answer and headed over.

"If one of you can tell him that the whole Jerry Maguire thing isn't going to work on me, I'd be grateful."

(Y/n), figuring Andrea might share more with another adult, told Sam she was getting a some candy from the tiny stall she could see a bit further away.

Sam nodded and took a seat on the bench beside Andrea. "I don't think him hitting on you is why he wants to talk to Lucas. I think it's more that he sees himself in him. He lost his mom when he was kid himself, meeting others that are going through the same thing, it makes him want to help, in any way he can."

"I don't think he'll get to hear much, Lucas doesn't even talk to me anymore." Andrea admitted.

***************************************************************
"How's it going?"

Lucas didn't look up from the paper.

Dean picked up one of the small, green toy soldiers. "Oh, I used to love these things." He imitated the sound of a gun before dropping it back onto the bench. "So, crayons is more your thing? That's cool. Chicks dig artists."

He looked through a few of the drawings. Even if he would never say it out loud, they were better than the ones (y/n) had done when she was Lucas age.

"Hey, these are pretty good. Do you mind if I sit and draw with you for a while? I'm not so bad myself."

He took a crayon and a piece of paper. "You know, I'm thinking you can hear me, you just don't want to talk. I don't know exactly what happened to your dad, but I know it was something real bad."

Lucas wasn't looking up from the paper, he just switched crayons.

"I think I know how you feel. When I was your age, I saw something." He tried to get the words to come out. "Anyways, well, maybe you don't think anyone will listen to you, or believe you. I want you to know that I will."

"You don't even have to say anything. You could, draw me a picture of what happened that day, with your dad, on the lake."

Still, no reaction.

"Okay. No problem. This is for you. This is my family." Dean showed him the drawing. "That's my dad, and that's," He swallowed. "That's my mom, that's my geek brother, and that's my little sister. And that's me."

"All right, so I'm a sucky artist. I'll see you around, Lucas."
************************************************************************

"Lucas doesn't talk with anyone, not since his dad's accident."

(Y/n) and Dean joined back up with Andrea and Sam. "Yeah, we heard. I'm sorry."

"What do the doctors say?" Sam asked.

Andrea sighed. "That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress."

"That can't be easy for either of you." (y/n) said.

Andrea nodded. "We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. It's just, when I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw..." She trailed off.

Dean and Sam shared a look.

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with."

Andrea turned her head back to look at them instead of her son. "You know, he have such life. He was hard to keep up with to tell you the truth." She turned her head to look at Lucas again. "Now he just sits there, drawing those pictures, playing with those Army men. I just wish- Hey, Sweetie."

Lucas came up to them, a picture in hand. Much to their surprise he hands it over to Dean.

"Thanks. Thanks, Lucas."

Lucas didn't say anything, just went back to the bench he'd been using to draw.

**************************************************************
The water was everywhere.

No matter how much she struggled, there was no way up.

Weren't they her friends?
-

(Y/n) woke up sweating. She looked around the room to see both her brothers sleeping, then she took a few deep breaths and laid back down.

****************************************************************************
"So I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie." Sam shut the door behind him.

"What do you mean?" (y/n) asked from her place on the bed.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Sam answered.

"He drowned?"

"Yup, in the sink."

Dean gave a deep sigh. "Then you must be right. This isn't a creature, it's something else."

"Yeah, but what?"

"I don't know. Water Wrait maybe? Some kind of demon?" Dean theorized.

(Y/n) got of the bed, pausing as she put her foot down a bit too hard. She didn't let that stop her though, and went over to the journal on the table, flipping through the pages.

"I mean, it's something that controls water."

A light went up for Dean. "Water that comes from the same source."

"The lake."

"Yeah."

"Which explains why it's upping the body count. The lake is being draind, it'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time." Sam said.

Dean added. "And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone, almost anywhere. This is going to happen again. Soon."

"And we know one thing for sure. This has got something to do with Bill Carlton."

"It took both his kids-"

"I got something!" (y/n) cut in. She wobbled over, journal in hand and turned it to let them look at the page. "Vengeful spirit. The ghostly remains of someone that has been done wrong by. A being that has the strenght to pull someone into the water, can get rid of remains and tend to focus on specific people."

"How did you get to that conclusion?" Sam was impressed but also very curious.

(Y/n) shrugged. "I had a dream last night. Seemed so weird that I wrote it off, but now I'm thinking it might be either the spirits memories or an attempt to reach out."

Dean's mind snapped back to the question that she'd asked while they were on the Wendigo hunt. "Has those kinds of dreams happened before?"

The teen looked uncomfortable. "Not dreams, but other stuff..." She admitted.

"Other stuff like?"

At this point Dean was glad he was between the door and his sister.

"I can't explain it very well, but it's like, something just latches on to other, beings and I can feel what they feel."

Sam noted the slow edging towards the bathroom that his sister was doing and decided to intervene. "While I recognize that this is important and we'll need to talk about this, maybe we should take it after we've taken care of this spirit?"

There was a second of Dean looking at (y/n), her looking at the floor and Sam switching between looking at them both, then Dean nodded.

"Yeah. Let's do this."

Two in one day. Hope you guys like it

Cote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)