Chapter 6

Third pov

"You guys got room for three more?"

Haley didn't look impressed when they got out of the car.

"You guys want to come with us?"

The guy behind her ((y/n) is guessing that it's their guide) looks at them. "Who are these guys?"

"Apparently, this is all the Park Service could muster up for the search and rescue." Haley answered.

The guide looked sceptic. "You're Rangers? Who's the kid?"

"That's right, and I'm their student. I know i look younger than i am, but i am supposed to shadow them for a few weeks." (y/n) said with a smile.

Haley looked at Dean. "And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?"

Dean looked at his clothes before looking back at her. "Well, sweetheart, i don't do shorts."

(Y/n) held back a snort. Dean wouldn't be caught dead in shorts.

"You think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry. Her brother might be hurt." The guide were looking at her then Dean.

The teen just ignored that and went up to Sam.

"Believe me, we know how dangerous it can be. We just want to help them find their brother, that's all."

(Y/n) shook her head and sighed. "We need to get going before dark."

Time skip

They walked in a close group.

(Y/n) stayed close to Dean and ended up walking beside Haley's teen brother Ben.

She wouldn't say she minds the woods, but walking with three people having no idea what they're up against is putting her a little on edge.

She's sure it's a Wendigo. It has to be.

Fast, regulary gathers food, claws...

She halted mid step when Roy grabbed Dean.

"What're you doing Roy?"

Roy didn't answer, instead he took a stick that he shoved intonthe ground in front of Dean.

A rusty bear trap closed with a snap.

"You should watch where you're stepping, ranger." Roy said.

(Y/n) could see it on the man that he never bought the Ranger thing. She knows Haley and Ben don't really believe it either.

*************************************************************

"You didn't pack any provisions, you guys are carrying a dufflebag. You're not rangers, so who the hell are you?" Haley asks.

Dean shares a look with Sam over her shoulder when she grabs his arm to get him to stop.

When the others have passed them he sighs. "Sam and i are brothers, (y/n) is our little sister and we're looking for our father." He shrugged. "He might be here, we don't know. I just figured you and me, we're in the same boat."

Haley looked at him. "Why didn't you tell me that from the start?"

"I'm telling you now. Besides, that's probably the most honest I've been with a woman other than my sister. Ever." He confessed. "So we okay?"

Haley was quiet for a moment, but nodded. "Yeah. Okay."

"And what do you mean i didn't pack any provisions?" Dean smirked and took out a bag of M&M from his pocket.