Chapter 12

If you are reading this on any other site than Wattpad it has been stolen. Please check out Neverlandsshadow on Wattpad instead.
************************************************************
Third pov

Dean instinctively kept an eye on where (y/n) sat down. He needed to make sure he'd notice if something happens.

"Okay, just so I'm clear, you see something attack Bill's boat sending Bill, who is a very good swimmer by the way, into the drink and you never see him again?" The sheriff asks, obviously sceptic of the story.

Dean shares a look with Sam while nodding. "That about sums it up."

The sheriff continues. "And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake and what you're describing is impossible? And you're not really Wildlife Service."

The last part made the brothers pause.

"That's right, I checked. The Department's never heard of you two, or your sister."

"See, now, we can explain that-" Dean tried but was cut off by the sheriff.

"Enough. Please. The only reason you're breathing free air is because one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat before you did." The sheriff told them. "So we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating government officials and hold you as witnesses to Bill Carlton's dissapearance."

The sheriff looks from Dean to Sam. "Or we chalk this up to a bad day. You get your sister, you get into your car, you put this town in your rear-view mirror and you don't ever darken my doorstep again."

Sam nods. "Door number two sounds good."

The sheriff nods. "That's the one I'd pick."

Dean went over to get (y/n), she looked like she'd fallen asleep in the chair. "Munchkin, come on."

"Is the kid okay?" The Sheriff asked, he'd leaned on the doorway to watch them leave.

Dean shook his sisters shoulder. "Yeah, she's just tired, it's been a couple of stressful days."

He seemed sceptic but the teen opened her eyes. "Dean?"

"Hey kiddo, it's time to go." Dean helped her up. "How's your foot?"

"It's sore." She answered, leaning heavily on Dean. "I'm tired."

They left the station and Dean put a hand on her forhead. "She's burning up." He looked at Sam. "I'll get her into the car and then I'll help you with our stuff."

Sam nodded. "Alright." He left to the motel.

Dean helped (y/n) into the backseat. As soon as she was in he used her jacket to make a pillow for her and covered her with the blanket she'd use when they're driving at night.

"(Y/n)?"

She didn't move, but her chest was rising and falling. He figured he'd let her sleep while he picked up Sam.

**************************************************************

(Y/n) felt awful.

Hot-cold-hot-cold-

Rage.

God, why was she feeling so awful?

"They did this."

"Who? I don't understand."

In the pitch black darkness she can almost see him.

Peter Sweeney.