Chapter 7

Third pov

(Y/n) and Dean caught up with Sam just as he started talking.

"All right, listen up. It's time to go. Things have gotten more complicated."

"What?" Haley looked worried.

"Kid, don't worry." Roy said, obviously feeling as if they were making out out to be worse than it is. "Whatever's out there, i can handle it."

"If you shoot this thing, you're just gonna make it mad. We need to leave. Now."

That seemed to piss Roy off. "One, you're talking nonsense. Two, you're in no position to be giving anybody orders."

"Relax."

(Y/n) was standing beside Dean as he said it. She had a feeling if this didn't calm down it would end with someone throwing punches.

Of course, Sam continued. "We never should have let you come out here, all right? I'm trying to protect you."

Roy gave him an incredulous look. "You, protect me?" He got up in Sam's face. "I was huntin in these woods when your mommy was still kissing you goodnight."

(Y/n) winced at the jab, even if Roy didn't know he was making one.

Sam was at least somewhat keeping his composure, looking more amused than anything. "Yeah? It's a damn near perfect hunter. Smarter than you. And it's gonna hunt you down unless we get you stupid, sorry ass out of here."

The youngest Winchester nudged Dean, urging him to step in.

Roy let out a sarcastic laugh. "You know you're crazy, right?"

Sam's reply was cut of by Dean pulling him away.

Haley also chose now to step in. "Stop! Everybody just stop!"

(Y/n) went over to her brothers as Haley spoke.

"Look, Tommy might still be alive. And I'm not leaving here without him."

Dean looked at her before sharing a look with his siblings. He turned his head back to Haley. "It's getting late. This thing is a good hunter in the day..."

"But an unbelievable hunter in the night." (y/n) finished. "We'll never beat it. Not in the dark."

Dean patted her back. "We need to settle in and protect ourselves."

Haley watched Dean as he walked past her. "How?"

Time skip

(Y/n) had promptly been sat by the fire when Dean realized that somehow his little sister was freezing.

So now, she, Ben and Haley were left watching as Dean and Sam put up protection symbols.

"One more time, that's...?"

"Anasazi symbols. It's for protection. The Wendigo can't cross over them." Dean explained.

Roy just laughed.

"Nobody likes a sceptic, Roy." Dean went over to Sam.

******************************************************

"You wanna tell me what's going on in that freaky head of yours? Even (y/n)  is starting to get a bit jumpy around you."

Sam opened his mouth. "Dean-"

"No, you're not fine." Dean said matter-of-factly. "You're like a powder keg man, it's not like you. I'm supposed to be the belligerent one, remember?"

Sam gritted his teeth. Frustration running through his veins. "Dad's not here. That much we know for sure, right? He would have left us a message, a sign, right?"

Dean sucked in a breath. "Yeah, you're probably right. To tell you the thruth, i don't think dad's ever been to Lost Creek." He faced his brother. Dean knew what Sam would want to do.

"Then let's get these people back to town and let's hit the road." Sam was frustrated. "Go find dad. I mean, why are we still even here?"

Dean got up, got their dads journal out and crouched in front of Sam. "This is why. This book." He tapped the cover. "This is dad's single most valuable possession. Everything he knows about every single evil thing is in here. And he's passed it onto us. I think he wants us to pick up where he left off. You know, saving people, hunting things. The family business."

Sam looked like he wasn't sure what to do with that information. "Th-that makes no sense." He rbbed his hands over his face. "Why-? Why doesn't he just call us? Tell us where he is, tell us what he wants?"

"I don't know." Dean really wished he did. "But the way i see it, dad's given us a job to do and i intend to do it."

"Dean. No. I gotta find dad. I gotta find Jessica's killer." The bags beneath Sam's eyes makes him look older than he is. "It's the only thing i can think about."

"Okay, all right. Sam, we're gonna find them. You gotta prepare yourself. I mean, this search could take a while. And all that anger," Sam's glare just proved Dean's point. "You can't keep it burning over the long haul. It's gonna kill you." He said seriously. "You gotta have patience, man."

Sam swallowed. "How do you do it? How does dad do it? (Y/n)-?"

"Well, for one, them." Dean looked over to where Haley and Ben were currently talking with (y/n). "I figure our family is so screwed to hell, maybe we can help some others. Makes things a bit more bearable." He turned his head back to Sam. "I'll tell you what else helps. Killing as many evil sons of bitches as i possibly can."

Sam smiled a little at that.

**********************************************************

"HELP ME!"

"PLEASE!"

(Y/n) was fast up on her feet as they heard the screams.

Their little group all stood by the fire.

"It's trying to draw us out. Just stay cool, stay put." Dean tried to sound as calm as possible so the other's wouldn't freak out.

"Inside the magic circle?"

(Y/n) adopted an exasperated look at Roy's sarcastic reply.

The screams for help was cut off by something definitely not human.

"Okay, that's no grizzly."

(Y/n) was about to give a sacastic reply of her own when she got a sharp reminder of the hungry thing she had felt earlier.

This time it was as if the feeling was trying to latch onto her.

"It's here." She said, bile rising in her throat as they all followed the Wendigo running around the camp site.

Roy started shooting at it and (y/n) felt when it hit because the hungry feeling was interupted by a sharp pain.

"I hit it."

"Roy, no!" Dean looked over to Haley, Ben and (y/n). "Don't move! (Y/n) keep an eye on them!" He and Sam followed Roy into the woods.

(Y/n) picked up a gun that Dean had handed her earlier in the night. "Stay close." She ordered.

It was tense until her brothers came back. They both shook their heads when she asked about Roy.

Time skip

Hunger gnawed inside her stomach, her own hunger. She hadn't eaten much in the last 24 hours.

She had been half sleeping sometimes during the early morning hours, only for the Wendigo's hunger to pretty much slap her in the face when she started slipping off into dream land.

Now she was awake but really tired.

"Hey." Sam came up to where they were. "So, we've got half a chance in the daylight. And i, for one, wanna kill this evil son of a bitch."

(Y/n) smiled. "I'm in."

Dean nodded. "Hell, you know I'm in."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)