89 - Narration

(Flashback)

L U C A S

“No, dude. Hani didn’t tell me anything.” mark said as he typed over his phone. My brows furrowed in annoyance. Ilang araw na na ganito. I knew something is wrong. Hani’s purposely trying to avoid me.

“Are you sure? Because she’s obviously avoiding me.” i heaved out a loud sigh then messed my hair.

I leaned over my chair and Mark gave me a glance before smirking.

“You’re that stressed? Umamin ka na kasi. Or else I’ll tell her myself that you have a hidden desire for her.” Mark then said.

I gulped feeling a bit threatened of what he said. I did admit what I feel for Hani to him. Kaya eto at nangangaral nanaman siya. I already explained to him my reason.

“I told you already...” I said trailing a bit as I let out a frustrated groan.

It’s more like I’m saying that to convince myself rather than to convince Mark. Sometimes, I just can’t hold back anymore.

Like that one time that I was sick, Mark told me that Hani messaged him because I told her that I want to kiss her.

Like, fuck. Is that the reason why she’s avoiding me? No, right? Mark said she just shrugged it off. Impossible.

Halos sapakin ko ang sarili dahil lang sa naalala ko. Alam ko naman na mahal ko si Hani and I’m trying hard to surpress that feeling but it somehow overwhelmed me specially that day that I was sick. I wasn’t even aware of what I said.

Pero did I kiss her tho?

A smirk got plastered over my lips at the thought of kissing Haneun. Damn, you’re crazy wong lucas!

Mark gulped, “Girlfriend alert, dude.”

“huh?” I didn’t get it right away dahil na rin siguro sabog pa dahil sa naiisip.

“Babe.” napalingon ako ng may lumapit sa amin ni Mark.

That’s when I realized what Mark is talking about. He meant, Jian. Of course it’s Jian! At sinong inaakala mo, Lucas? Si Hani?

“Hi,” I greeted her. She gave me a small smile and dropped a quick kiss over my cheeks.

“Are you free? Tara mag-mall. I’m hungry.” she said smiling brightly at me.

I starred at her. Small eyes that were brownish, long hair, thin lips and skinny.

She’s almost like her... almost.

I nodded once at her pushing away that thought. I stood up and tapped Mark’s shoulder. He nodded his head and just smiled a little at Jian.

While we’re on our way out of the campus, she slid her arm over at mine.

“Mabuti naabutan kita, babe. Akala ko kasi nakaalis na kayo eh. Bakit pala andon ka pa?” she asked.