53 - Narration

H A N E U N

"Lucas?" I called out when I opened his condo unit's door. Isinara ko ang pinto at umikot para makapasok na ng tuluyan.

I pouted when I heard small steps and Lucas appeared in front of me. His hair was dishevelled everywhere and he's covered with his blanket.

"I'm sorry to call you out so late, baby. It's just I tried to get better by myself but I can't. I don't-"

"Shh. Did you get your body temperature?" I asked and placed the back of my hand over his neck.

Napangiwi ako ng maramdaman na sobrang init non. Lucas sniffed, "Yeah." he answered shortly.

"Good. Kumain ka na ba? Mahiga ka na nga. Bakit ba tumayo ka pa?" I hissed at him. Hinawakan ko siya sa braso at agad hinila papunta sa kanyang kwarto.

He obeyed and walked behind me. Naupo siya sa kama niya habang kinuha ko ulit ang thermometer to measure his body temp once again.

"Kinuha ko na nga--" I shoot him glares so he stopped talking right away.

"I want to see it myself. Did you eat?" I asked.

He bit his lower lip before looking away from me. I rolled my eyes and already knew the answere even when he didn't answer.

"Boo, you can't drink medicine if you didn't eat. You won't get better without medicine." I nagged at him and slowly pull away the blanket that is wrapped around him.

"And why are you shirtless for pete's sake Wong Yukhei?" He coughed and I turned around towards his walk-in to get a fresh white t-shirt.

"I feel cold so I wrapped myself with the blanket then I feel hot whenever I'm covered." he answered.

Hindi na ako umimik pa at tinulungan nalang siya mag-damit. I want to badly nag at him but not right now. He looks restless and really sick.

"Lay down first then I'll get a towel and a basin.." I helped him get tucked in before I gathered the things that I need.

Lucas usually don't have appetite when he's sick. He can't sleep easily either when he's sick, specially whenever he's all alone.

Nang malagyan ko siya ng towel sa noo niya, sinabi ko na ipagluluto ko muna siya para makakain at makainom ng gamot.

While I'm cooking him something, the phone in his center table rang. I walked towards it and peeked. I saw his Mom's name plastered over it so I quickly picked up and answered.

"Yukhei?" was the first thing she said. I guess she already knew he's sick because I can hear that she's very worried.

"Tita, its me, Haneun." I said.

"Haneun-ah? Omo, that's a relief! I thought Yukhei is still all by himself." she said.

"He called me saying he's sick. Sorry po kakaalam ko lang na may sakit siya. Did he tell you?"

"Yeah. He called me because he said he's sick and didn't know what to do. I told him to call you but he said he doesn't want to bother you."

Natigilan ako sa sinabi ni Tita. Did Lucas really said that? What's wrong with him? I mean, the Lucas I know won't even hesitate to call me over a cold. He loves bothering the shit out of me. So why?

I unconsciously turned my head over his room as I let out a heavy sigh.

"Sorry Tita. Don't worry, I'm already here and I know what to do with him." I assured her. Mabait ang mommy ni Lucas. She treats me very well and she's my Mom's best friend. Parang anak na ang turing niya sakin at masasabi kong love niya ako. I do love her too.

"Oh I'm not worried anymore now that I know you're with him, Haneun-ah." she said softly. I smiled through the phone because of what she said.

"You know that I really like you for my Xuxi, right? I think and will always think that you are the only one for him." Her voice was filled with sincerety.

I smiled sadly and felt my eyes teared up. Tita and I are close so she knew about how I feel towards Lucas. She was very happy the day I admitted it to her.

"I will always still be with him even as a best friend, Tita."

"Alam ko ngayon, things are mess between the two of you. You're both still young and will still meet a lot of new people. I just want to let you know that even if he'll bring someone here and introduced her as his girlfriend, for me, you're still the best one he could ever have." And there I teared up.

Loving Lucas made me feel a lot of extreme emotions. When I'm happy, I'm very happy and when I get sad, it's extremely sad as well. Everything that he makes me feel is beyond average. Hindi palaging sakto, palaging sobra. My heart have loved him sincerely.

"Thank you, Tita." I sniffed.

"I love you, Haneun-ah. We'll always be here for Lucas and you. Kami ng Mama mo."

"I know that. I love you too Tita."

"Take care of Lucas for me, okay?"

"Okay. I will take care of him."

Ibinaba na ni Tita ang tawag at agad kong binalikan ang niluluto ko. My thoughts were kind of a mess but I managed to cook the food well.

"Boo," I called him softly. He open his eyes and met with mine.

"Eat first." I said. He pouted and turned his back at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Bilis na, kahit onti lang." And I force him to sit up.

Sumunod siya with a small grunt and stared over my face. Tinulungan ko siya kumain and he's just looking at me the whole time. Mataas ang lagnat niya kaya feeling ko sabog siya.

Pagkatapos niya kumain ng kaonti, pinainom ko na siya ng gamot at pinilit pinahiga sa kama. He was looking at me with his eyes half-lidded.

"You're so pretty, baby." My hand halted over the air. I was about to brush his hair away from his face but got flustered by his sudden compliment.

Hindi ako nakaimik nang itaas ni Lucas ang kamay niya at hinawakan ang pisngi ko. His fingers softly toucher my lips.

"I want to kiss you but I don't want you to get sick."

_____________________________