deja vu / l.p.

* - time skip

your footsteps echoed down the grand hallway, white stilettos meeting the elaborate gold designs carved into the marble floors, which in turn matched the gold accents running up the white walls to meet the chandeliers. you wore a white chiffon dress that stopped right above your knee that lightly swished in a slow motion fashion every time you turned a corner. you caught short glimpses of the strangers that brushed past you in your peripheral, as you found yourself wandering in the direction of the notes floating through the air towards you. though you had no idea where you were, the chandeliers and uniformed bell boys made it evident to you that you were in some kind of fancy hotel. that, and the sounds of the grand piano gradually getting louder the more you walked towards it.

you slowly came to a quiet tiptoe as you identified the location of said piano in one of the hotel's empty ballrooms, only to be surprised to see that the pianist was a younger boy your age. he wore a white button down, with a few buttons undone to expose the chain hanging from his neck. the shirt was paired with black jeans and black chelsea boots. his unruly brown hair almost covered his eyes, which you found endearing, but it was also responsible for the fact that he hadn't noticed your presence yet. as you studied the boy's actions, you noticed that you were the only two in the entire hotel that you had seen wearing white, and that odd observation was enough motivation for you to start a conversation with him as soon as he had finished the piece he was playing.

"carnival of the animals?" you whispered inquisitively, as you took a few steps towards the piano he sat at, your fingers grazing the fallboard.

"thirteen the swan, are you familiar?" he looked up with a soft smile. it was then that you noticed how attractive this boy truly was.

"just a bit. i know my way around the more famous piano pieces, but i appreciate some saint-saen," you responded sheepishly, your attraction towards him being evident in your timidness.

"well i think you have amazing taste. i don't think our generation appreciates classical music enough."

"i think i have to agree with you on that one," you laughed.

after the light laughs, you both fell into a silence. not awkward, but more of a calm silence as you both studied each other a bit. even though he was sat on a piano bench, you noticed that the boy was quite tall, with a more slender frame, but broad shoulders nonetheless. he was your dream boyfriend physically, and you didn't doubt that his personality wasn't equally as beautiful as he looked, if not more.

"do you mind if i ask your name?" the boy questioned abruptly, bringing you back to reality.

"l/n, y/n l/n. and yours?"

"louis partridge."

"wait, like the bird?" you stifled a giggle.

"yes, like the bird," he rolled his eyes in fiegned annoyance.

"well mr. partridge, i didn't ask for the sass when i asked the question."

"my sincerest apologies," he joked.

before you could continue the banter, your phone began to vibrate inside of the pocket you didn't know you had. you turned to louis with an apologetic look on your face, knowing you were unable to continue your conversation with him.

"i'm so sorry, i have to take this," you frowned.

"no worries, i have somewhere to be anyways."

you watched as he slowly rose from the bench and you mustered enough confidence to ask, "when do you think we could see each other again? you know, so i can hear you play some more?"