drunk dialing / l.p.

TW: mature themes, language, alcohol consumption. 13+

you stared at the ceiling, slightly out of breath and heart still racing. turning to your left, you admired the boy next to you who was half asleep.

his normally pale face was now tinted a light pink while a few strands of his messy brown hair had stuck to his forehead. his skin lightly glistened with sweat, the faint light of the moon hitting him in all the right spots.

you lightly ran your fingers up his arm, letting your hand rest flat on his bare chest right under his chain. he hummed in content at the contact, before wrapping an arm around your waist and pulling you into him, your bare chest meeting his. you felt heat rise to your cheeks in embarassment as you finally realised how exposed the two of you actually were. you reached down for the sheet that had made its way down your thigh, and pulled it up over your shoulders, also covering his in the process.

"you alright?"

"mhm."

"what time do you need me to be out?"

"i don't care, mum's gone to visit my aunt in sussex until sunday and my dad's on a trip. you know the routine," you mumbled.

"right."

*

the aggravating beep of your alarm disturbed your deep sleep. opening your eyes a little too wide, you immediately shut them as they were exposed to the bright sunlight. you felt your way around your night stand, desperate to put an end to the god awful noise.

eventually turning it off, you slowly opened your eyes once again and sat up in bed. turning to your left, you recalled the events of the previous night and cringed at your stupidity. you let it happen again, and now your heart had to suffer the consequences of waking up to a cold and empty spot next to you for the fourth night in the past month.

you didn't know why you kept letting it happen. it started out as an empty transaction. a little over a year ago, a friend of yours from school had invited you to a party she was hosting, and you happily obliged. after a few drinks and some good music, it was safe to say that the confidence you didn't think you had, ended up bringing out a different version of you. long story short, you found yourself a handsome lad on the dance floor, took him home, and the two of you never got enough of each other after that night. you were told that friends with benefits never works, but you obviously didn't listen. you were now in your last year before university, and you found yourself hopelessly in love with your fuck buddy who never thought twice about leaving you in the morning.

deciding to 'face the music,' you rolled out of bed and made your way over to your bathroom. flicking the light on, you were greeted with dark under eye circles, smudged mascara, and a rats nest on top of your head. you decided to take a shower and quickly hopped in, hoping that you could scrub away last night's sins if you tried hard enough.

after a little too much body wash, some facial cleanser, and the discovery of two new hickeys at the base of your neck, you made your way out to your room in order to get dressed. standing infront of your closet in nothing but a towel, you pulled out the uniform that you had prepared the night before. to no surprise, you struggled with your button down and almost tripped trying to pull up your knee socks.

as you dug through your dresser drawer in search of your tie, you noticed a black rectangle on the floor next to your door. crouching down to examine it, you groaned, already dreading the day ahead of you.

louis had left his wallet in your room.

*

"alright class, i expect you to study for the remainder of the time we have left. don't forget that your exam is the next time we meet, and i expect nothing short of an A or B+ as our class average," your history teacher said, taking a seat at his desk.