coffee / l.p. & s.v.

you woke with a start, a violent bang outside your window ruining your peaceful slumber. you let out an audible groan, forcing yourself back to sleep by throwing a pillow over your head. eventually, time passed and you weren't able to recover from waking up early. 

making your way out of bed and trudging into the bathroom, you flicked the light on and got ready. you brushed your teeth and changed into a hoodie and a pair of jeans, attempting to make yourself presentable. 

you figured that if you weren't going back to sleep, you needed to drive yourself to the local coffee shop. it would be better for everyone if you had caffeine in your system. 

making your way to the kitchen, you grabbed an apple from the fruit basket, catching your dad's attention in the process. his eyes widened at you before they traveled to the nearby clock on the wall, and then back to you.

"you're up early..."

"unfortunately."

"are you gonna go get coffee?"

"yup."

he simply shook his head at you, stifling a laugh at your one word responses as you gave him an offhanded wave and grabbed your keys. as you made your way out the door, you stopped dead in your tracks at the view of your front yard. 

there were people everywhere, all of them running around with haste. your yard was trashed, along with a few of your neighbors, as random pieces of scrap material and trashbags littered themselves across the grass.

"the hell?" you muttered, eyes scanning the road in search for your car that was now nowhere to be found. 

you pulled your hoodie over your head, stepping into the street and beginning to walk in search of your car. you had to make your way around large piles of trash until you finally laid eyes on it, but you were surprised at what you saw when you did. 

the amount of people in the area near your car had dwindled significantly, except for four guys who were stood on the sidewalk next to your car, right next to the driver's side door. your cursed internally, knowing that you would have to talk to them to get inside. as you approached the sidewalk, you called out to them.

"uh, excuse me!" 

the four of them turned to look at you, and you didn't hide your odd reaction to their outfits.

"miss, are you allowed to be here?" the blonde in denim and oversized leather asked.

"seeing as i live here, and that's my car, i'd like to think that i am. could you please get out of the way so i can leave and get my coffee?"

they stepped aside, gving you access to your car door. as you pulled it open, one of them spoke up again. 

"can we come with you?" the red head questioned. 

you stared at him for a second, the rest of them silently pleading you with their eyes. 

"we've all been up since around five in the morning and we could really use the coffee. we'll pay, even for yours."

your eyes switched to the brunette who was also decked out in leather. with a sigh, you nodded at them and they made their way in your car. you didn't have the patience to let anything else hinder you from getting your coffee fix, and if they were dangerous then atleast you had control of the wheel. obviously your logic was impaired when you were tired.

the three boys that you had talked to jumped in the backseat, while the quiet one with black hair took shotgun next to you. starting the engine and rolling onto the main roads, you switched the radio on, trying to cover up the awkward silence.