cereal / l.p.

your eyes scanned the aisles as you made your way up and down each one, ticking things off your mental grocery list. you carelessly tossed things into your basket, dying to get home. 

your mom decided that it was a good idea to call you and ask if you could stop by for some groceries on your way home from school. it's not like you were going to say no, but as you spent more time in the store, you were starting to wish that you did. 

as your feet dragged the rest of your body through the store, you found yourself getting increasingly more annoyed. you didn't know it was possible to grow a feeling resentment against a box of crackers, but now you did. 

as you turned into the cereal aisle, you noticed that it was considerably more empty. it was in dire need of being restocked, but you held your breath in hopes that you could find the brand you were looking for. 

you eventually laid your eyes on the last box, but it was quickly swiped away by a pale hand. your mouth dropped in shock as you eyed the boy who took it. 

he was considerably taller than you, and he didn't look any less tired than you did, most likely having a busy day too. his dark hair was tucked under a hoodie, and if you cared, you would probably be suspicious about his shady character. 

his head perked up as he noticed your movement behind him, his eyes growing wide as your shocked expression came into view. 

"please don't scream," he uttered quickly. 

"you're making it really hard not to," you retorted. 

"i'll do anything, just please don't draw any attention over here."

"what are you? a robber? you know if i were you, i'd worry about stealing more expensive things than cereal."

"why would you think i'm a robber?"

"i mean, you're the one with a hoodie over your head telling me not to scream."

"so you're telling me, you have no idea who i am?"

"am i supposed to?" you trailed off, irked by his weird question. 

"enola holmes? medici the magnificent? not even the leicestershire police video? surely you've seen that one in school."

"nope," you replied, popping the 'p'. "doesn't ring a bell."

"huh," he huffed, slightly dumbfounded. 

"well, before you have a crisis in the middle of the aisle, what can i do to get that box from you?"

"here, just take it," he responded, holding the box of cereal out to you.

you gladly took it, mumbling a quick 'thank you' to which he nodded in response. tossing the box in your basket, you began to make your way out of the aisle.

right as you were about to turn the corner, your head turned back to look at the boy you left behind. his eyes traveled the shelves, most likely looking for a different brand of cereal. 

"can i get a name to stalk on instagram once i get home?" you called out. 

his head snapped in your direction, his eyes landing on you as you stood there with a playful grin. he shook his head with a laugh, before he responded to you.

"louis partridge."

you nodded at him, turning around to walk towards the cash registers before he stopped you. 

"i don't suppose i could get yours as well?"

you tugged your bottom lip in between your teeth, trying to hold back a laugh. 

"y/n l/n."

***

a/n: i'm so sorry this was so short but i figured that this book needed some shorter drabbles too, so why not? 

i hope you're all doing okay! happy late easter and happy early ramadan! i know there are a ton of religious holidays taking place in april so regardless of what religion you follow, i hope you enjoy your holidays this month.

in other news, guess who got her first tattoo! i'm absolutely in love with it and i really want to show it off to everyone but its in a spot where i can't really do that :(

i'll see you guys in the next one! much love. - lis <3