Chapter 37

Chapter 37
Olivia's POV

I watch the waves crash the shore as I smoke my cigarette. I scream as loud as I can as Peter's words keep playing on a loop in my head. I shouldn't have trusted you. Fuck! Peter is the one great thing that has happened to me in a long time and I really don't wanna lose him, but I can't have him either. Tina's finally with him and they're gonna be happy together. I try to convince myself by saying this again and again. My phone rings and I answer,

"Hey Liv! Oh my god I'm having so much fun with him! I mean he isn't doing much or talking much but I'm so happy I'm here with him right now," Tina squeals through the phone and I weakly smile as tears roll down my cheek. Fuck this shit hurts.

"I'm so happy for you T, you finally got what you want,"

"And it's all because of you Liv, I love you so much!"

"Love you too!" I say and close my eyes, thinking of Peter.

"Anyways, I was thinking I'll keep a small gathering at my place tonight. We all haven't hung out together in a while, sounds good?" And I nod, forgetting for a minute that I was on the phone. "Yeah it does," I reply. "Can't wait to see you babe, love you!" She squeals and hangs up. How the fuck am I supposed to stay around Peter and not hold him, or hug him, or even talk to him? I can't deal with him ignoring me, I really can't.

I finish smoking and dump the cigarette before standing up and wiping the dust off. I drive back home and park my car as soon as I reach. I enter the house and walk towards the living room, slumping on the couch and screaming into the pillow yet again. "Liv," I look up to see dad enter the living room. "Yes?" I reply. He sits next to me and asks, "what's wrong?" I dodge the question and ask, "where's mom?" "She went out for a while, but what's wrong?" He asks yet again. "Nothing, nothing's wrong," I lie. "look at me," he says but I don't. He ask yet again and I finally look at him, "tell me what's wrong please" he asks worriedly, "I know I haven't been there for you in ages and that my fault, but I'm here now and I really wanna be there for you. If you wanna tell me what's wrong then I'm here for you, otherwise I understand why you wouldn't want to," he says and starts to get up by I stop him by holding his wrist. He sits back down and I lay on hip lap, crying hysterically. "Olivia what's wrong?" He asks worriedly, "Olivia please tell me what's wrong,"

"I messed up dad, I ruined everything!" I exclaim as more tears pour down my eyes."I shouldn't have done what she asked me to do,"

"Who asked you to do what?" He asks as he combs through my hair with his fingers. I sit up and look at him with teary eyes, "Tina asked me to set her up with Peter. Because of that I got closer to him, and I fell for him, but now he knows why I got close to him in the first place. I broke his trust dad, I hurt him." I cry more as I say the last sentence. He hugs me tight and says, "you need to talk to him, Olivia. You need to tell him how you feel. You can't let two people suffer in a relationship where it's only one sided love. Sure Tina likes him, but does Peter like her too? Because I can tell for a fact that he likes you," I look up at him when he says that, "Olivia, you can't let them be in a relationship where they both aren't happy. Think about it,"

"But I can't. I can't take her happiness away from her. She really likes him dad, I can't come in between. I can't hurt her feelings by doing that,"

"And what about your feelings? What about his feelings? Would you rather let three people hurt each other like this?" He says and I look down at my lap, not knowing what to say. He hugs me and kisses my forehead, rubbing my back as I weep on his shoulder. "Everything will be ok if you want it to be ok, fix things Olivia. Do it for him, for her and for yourself," he says and I nod.

"Thank you, for being there," I say and hug him tighter. I pull away and he wipes my tears,"now would you smile please, I don't like to see you cry, you look better in a smile anyways," he jokes and I chuckle. He cups my cheeks and says, "you're my strong daughter, and I know you can fix things," he kisses my forehead and excuses himself, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I stand up, wipe my tears and head upstairs to get ready and face the two of them later on.

*******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️