Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Peter's POV

"Tell me Olivia, what am I?" I ask. Being with Olivia all this time has made me have genuine feelings for her. I know that I don't wanna be just her friend, I want to be more, and I somehow have a feeling that she wants that too but she's holding back. I don't know why but she's holding back. "Tell me Olivia, what am I?"

"I told you Peter, just a fucking friend," she says while her eyes dart away. She looks everywhere but at me. I grab her face and make he look at me, "Olivia, tell me,"

"I, Peter I don't know,"

"Why don't you know?" I ask,

"I just don't," I look at her as she looks at me with watery eyes. The moonlight made her features pop and she looked beautiful. Her lips were a light shade of pink. Her hair was curled and put up in a ponytail. Her cheeks were flushed and looked rosy. She looked gorgeous under the moonlight. My eyes falls on her tattoo. It sits on her collarbone, a minimalist rose tattoo, the stem spelling out faith in cursive. I trace it lightly with my finger and she takes in a sharp breath through her teeth,

"Your fingers are cold," she said. "Why faith?" I ask,

"I got it after my break up,"

"Tell me about it," I say,

"If you tell me about yours,"

"Alright alright," I reply, "so it was freshmen year, were you there then?"

"I was but I wasn't how I am right now," she says,

"Hmm alright. So it was freshmen year and I was dating Mackenzie Watson,"

"Of course you were," she cuts me off,

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask and she shakes her head, "anyways, so I was dating her, and of course I loved her so much. She was my everything. I did everything I could do to make her happy, and she was really happy with me. Or at least that's what she told me. We had no problems until a guy showed up. His name was Jared Calhoun,"

"Right, Jared, one of the most good looking freshmen in our year," she cuts me off her again, making me roll my eyes at her,

"He showed up," I continue, "they were very flirty with each other, even in front of me, but I never thought of it as anything. On our one year anniversary, I showed up at school with a hundred roses and chocolates. I was gonna give it to her in front of everyone, and so we were gathered at the parking lot, the entire year,"

"I wasn't there though," she speaks,

"Stop cutting me off will you," I say, "anyways, everyone was there, and I was waiting for her and she shows up. I walk towards her and greet her and tell her I love her and she starts laughing. I was so confused and then she said, "you really thought I loved you? I stayed with you all this time just for the fun of it, in fact, I've been cheating on you this entire time." Jared comes out of nowhere and hugs her before kissing her in front of me, she said she loved him and that ever since Jared cane she was with him," Olivia gasps,

"She said that?" She asks in shock and I nod, "that day I swore I wouldn't ever date anyone else, it's all just a waste of time. You date, you go out with them, you love them, and then what? They fucking leave you," I exclaim with rage at the memory of it.

"I'm so sorry, Peter" she says and pulls me into a hug. She runs her fingers through my hair and I feel myself relax. I pull her in front of me and she sits between my legs, her back against me. I wrap my arms around her and she puts her hand on mine. "I'm pretty sure you'll find someone who treats you better," she says and sighs. I want you to be that someone, I thought.

"So, tell me about you, why'd you stop dating?" I ask

"Sophomore year, I was dating Keith Lopez,"

"Why that jerk?" I cut her off,

"I was stupid at that time don't judge," I can feel her rolling her eyes, "I genuinely loved him, like a hell lot. He was my first everything. First kiss, first boyfriend, lost my virginity to him, everything. I was really happy with him. He was jealous of every guy who tried to flirt with me, and he protected me, or so I thought. He had a party at his house, he called everyone,"

"I was there too," I said, "you were?" She asks and I nod, "he had a party at his house and everyone was there, we were in his room and he was undressing me. What I didn't realize was that he had set up a camera and everyone was gonna watch what it in the living room,"

"What the fuck!"

******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•~•