Chapter 9

Chapter 9
Olivia's POV

The silence between is too much for me to deal with, and the fact that this guy doesn't even want to talk is too much. The only 'interactive' thing happening between us is us sharing a cigarette. "Don't you want to know anything about me?" I ask in hopes of breaking the ice. "No I don't," he simply replies.

Honestly what is this guy? A robot? He has no fucking emotions. Like at all. I wanna get to know this guy, his likes, dislikes, literally anything, anything at all so I could try to set him up with Tina. I pass him the cigarette and stand up, "ok I'm gonna go," I say while dusting my ass, and he just nods. As I start walking away, my foot slips and I land straight in the puddle that was created thanks to the sprinklers. "Fuck!" I scream and stand up, looking down at my soaked up clothes. Ughh! Why me god? Why today?

I look up to see Peter already on his feet, trying his best to hide the smile creeping up on his face, "what?" I spit and glare at him, and he shakes his head. He removes his hoodie, causing his T-shirt to lift up a bit, allowing me to stare at his bare stomach. His sweatpants hung just below the hem of his boxers. From what I can see, I can tell that he has got a great body, and my mind's swarming with images I should not be picturing right now. "Here," he says, breaking me off my trance. His arm reached out, handing me his hoodie as the other hand fixed his t-shirt. "Why?"  I ask and he points to my soaked clothes and I face palm. Oh, obviously. I start to remove my clothes and he looks away. I mean I don't really mind if he stares, I'm comfortable with my body but the fact that he looked away just means that he respects me. I take the hoodie from his hand and slip it on before saying "thank you" and walking away.

I start driving away but stop when I see Peter standing by his car, kicking at the tire. I roll down the window and ask, "what's wrong?"

"Flat tire,"

"Well I can take you home," I half ask half suggest,

"No, it's fine,"

"Seriously it's ok I can drive you home just come with me. I'm pretty sure you don't have a spare tire otherwise you would've been gone by now and unfortunately I don't have one either so I can't lend you one. So whether you like it or not, just hop in." He contemplates before getting in the front seat. He looks out the window towards his car, "it's ok, just get it picked up later on," I say,

I start my car and drive away, getting farther and farther away from the alleyway. We sat in awkward silence for a few minutes, so to make up for it, I connect my phone to the aux cord and start playing songs by Frank Sinatra. "You like Frank Sinatra?" I was surprised to hear him ask, "yeah I do, why you do too?" And he nods. So that's one thing I know about him.

"Tell me more," I say and he just shakes his head, "oh come on you're in my car now, so you really can't escape my questions, so please?" I request, "fine." Woah, I expected him to flip me off or something but I most definitely didn't expect this.

"Ok so let's just get to know each other yeah?" I say, "alright umm, well now I know you like Frank Sinatra too. What else do you like?"

"I like to read books," he replies without any hint of excitement lacing his tone.

"Ooh what's your favorite book? Or book series?" I ask, clearly intrigued,

"Harry Potter,"

"Shit me too! But like my favorite book is All The Bright Places," I say,

"I hate sappy romance books," he says, clearly disgusted by my choice of book,

"It's not a sappy romance book. It's a book that shows how life isn't all cupcakes and rainbows all the time,"

"Whatever," he replied,

"Why aren't you interested in any girl?" I ask, I really need to know if I wanna get him to like Tina. "None of the girls I've met are interested, and I really don't care about dating,"

"Well Tina is definitely an interesting girl, you should date her," I say, earning a middle finger in return.

*******
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️
Sending love your way