Chapter 38

Chapter 38
Peter's POV

Tina sits on my lap as we watch a movie at her place. Olivia and Ethan sit across us while Jacob and Charlotte besides. I notice both Olivia and Ethan glancing towards us, a look of hurt painted on both their faces. "Um I'm gonna go get us some drinks," Olivia says, "I'll come with you," says Ethan as they both stand up and walk towards the kitchen.

"So, Peter, since when did you start liking my sister?" Asks Jacob and I turn to look at him, "I never did," I simply reply. They all look at me in shock before laughing, "you are a funny guy Peter, I like you," Jacob says and shakes his head while Tina playfully shoves my shoulder. "I'm gonna go see about the drinks," I say before excusing myself and walking towards the kitchen.

"Why didn't you tell me she likes Peter?" I hear Ethan say as I stop outside the kitchen. "I'm so sorry Ethan I didn't know what to do,"
"You didn't know what to do? Are you fucking kidding me Olivia? You could've just told me that she liked him and I would've backed the fuck off. Instead, you made me take her on a date and I started believing that she would actually enjoy being with me. Fucking hell!" I hear him slam his hand against the kitchen counter. He leaves and looks at me, looks back at Olivia then walks towards the living room. I enter the kitchen and look for a glass,

"So you played with him too huh?" I say and scoff, "you don't know anything," comes her reply. I look at her to see her crying and I feel my chest tighten. "How many more hearts Olivia, how many more hearts are you planning to break?"

"Shut up Peter!"

"Why huh? Truth hurts doesn't it?"

"Shut the fuck up Peter! You don't even know half of what I'm going through!" I swiftly move towards her and pin her against a wall. "Then tell me, tell me what the fuck you're going through and why you're messing with us all. Olivia, look at me," and she does, "do you have feelings for me?" She looks away, "look at me damn it!" She looks back at me with red watery eyes, "and what difference would that make huh? What fucking difference would that make?" She screams,

"Answer my fucking question Olivia! Do you have feelings for me? Answer me for fuck sake or else I may as we-"

"Yes I do! Yes I fucking have feelings for you but I can't do shit about because my fucking best friend likes you and I can't break her heart."

"And what about us huh? What about breaking my heart? Yours and Ethan's?"

"Leave me, just leave me!" She screams and sobs and I pull her into a hug. She holds me tight and sobs while continually apologising to me about everything. "We should tell her," she looks at me, her eyes wide and vigorously shakes her head. "No we can't, I can't tell her that we have feelings for each other or else it'll break her. You're better off with her," she says and pulls back, looking away from me.

"Alright then, I'll be with, because that way everyones going to be fucking happy right? So be it. I'll be with her and completely fuck with your, mine and Ethan's emotions because god forbid that Tina's heart breaks, to fuck with the rest of us right? Fucking hell!" I scream before leaving the kitchen. I see Tina smile at me and fight the urge to shout the truth right now.

"Let's do something fun," I say as Olivia enters the living room again and I sit next to Tina. "Ooh like?" She chimes. "How about we play never have I ever?" I ask and look directly at Olivia, her eyes widening at my statement. Ethan looks at us in confusion. Olivia reaches over and whispers something into his ear, making him look at me shocked.

"Yes that should be fun! We all have our drinks already let's just start the game, I'll go first. Never have I ever dated my crush," she says and takes swig of drink as I watch Jacob, Charlotte and Ethan have their drinks too. I look at Olivia and she looks away, and I know this might ruin things but I ask anyway,

"Never have I ever fallen for the person I was supposed to set my best friend up with..."

*******
Sending love your way
HappyWatermelonKid•〰️