The Valley Is Deep Part 15.

Adaliya Abebe is Josiah second wife, she came three years behind Cassandra and it was hard for Cassandra to accept a second wife but, when she realize the help that it would bring she had a change of heart. When Cassandra realize she could attend school and have help with someone babysitting while she attend school or study she begin to think better. Adaliya was already in her second year of college when Josiah married her. She was in school to become a nurse assistant before becoming a nurse. After Josiah explained about having a sister-wife was a great way to have some of the responsibilities given to another person. Cassandra says how many wives are you going to take up since we are on this subject he said no more than four wives but, you are my first wife. You are going to be responsible for keeping the women in line and you will be responsible for showing your sister-wives how everything is done. You are responsible for the children looking decent and talking to your sister wives to keep everything together. The second wife was given a large responsibility list as well but, Josiah expected more accountability from Cassandra. Adaliya learned over time that it would be in her best interest to listen to Cassandra so she wouldn't have to be disciplined by her husband Josiah. Adaliya had four children by her husband two boys and two girls. After her fourth child she had to get permission from her husband to get a tubal ligation not to bear anymore children. Josiah granted her this request after their last child was born. Adaliya wanted to visit her family but wasn't allowed to until Josiah granted her that and he was only going to do that if we all took a trip. Adaliya family lived a mere five hours away so since Adaliya completed her school requirements she asked her husband could they visit her hometown to visit her family he promised that they would only stay a weekend in the upcoming weeks in the springtime. Adaliya spoke to her family over the phone but, seeing her family truly was a big deal to her.