The Valley is Deep Part 4

Zaria, how was your morning flow so far? My morning shift was good, I got into the shop early and began braiding hair and got done. I have three clients but, they all are a hour behind. Amara, what hairstyles are you doing? Well, two basic designer braids and a ponytail braid updo hairstyle. Amara, those hairstyles will not take long. Zaria, was the fourth wife and Amara was the second wife and they were the closest of the wives of there husband Josiah Abebe, and there were three other women who worked in the hair shop but, they were currently off on Sundays & Mondays. The three other women attended the same temple. The bell ranged and Amara's first client came in the door.
A woman walked in and needed her hair done so, Zaria stayed to do a walk-in person hair. Zaria asked what kind of hairstyle would you like? The woman said just a basic braid hairstyle but, not straight to the back. Zaria mentioned her price and the lady handed her cash money & handed her several packages of hair to braid her hair. Zaria said what is your name?
The lady listened to Zaria very clearly than she said my name is Hannah and I was told about this shop from a very respectful young man named Brighton, he attends my daughter's school. My daughter's name is Michelle, she & Brighton are very good friends. They both plan to graduate in less than a month away. Amara and Zaria exchanged shocked looks on each other faces. Then Hannah says I am a Muslim.
I attend the Temple on western rivers road and Brighton mentioned he and his family attend Southeastern Rivers. "Then Zaria says that's right, Brighton is my son!" Hannah, says well I don't mean to offend you at all.
I wasn't aware you were his mother. Now, you say Michelle is good friends with Brighton yes. Not a girlfriend or boyfriend, just close friends. And his mannish friend Marquise is not such a good friend for him but, that's not my business. Marquise isn't so bad Hannah... "He almost got suspended for popping a girl's brassiere strap in gym class three months ago'. Zaria said oh really! I did not hear anything about this incident. Amara had already started on her second client's hair by the time Zaria was halfway through Hannah's hairstyle. Well, I plan to get you more client's Zaria and hopefully you could give me and my two daughters hairstyles at a more reasonable price. Zaria said yes, I could do that for you. As Zaria got done with Hannah's hair, her daughter walked in with her hair washed and blow-dried then she sat down and Zaria began to do her hair. Hannah looked in the mirror admiring her hair. Hannah said I want her to have a nice hairstyle that she could do different hairstyles and Zaria gave her a price and Hannah gave more cash and said I will be back in an hour in a half, but call me when you are almost done. Zaria looked in the bag and there were plenty more packs of braided hair to do Michelle's hair. Amara was on her last client's hair and Michelle said ma'am do you know Brighton he kind of look like you. Zaria responded the same as she did with Michelle's mother. Since Brighton did not inform his mother about his friend Michelle she had to drill her. "How close are you to my son?" "He's my best friend ma'am." "Do you have a boyfriend?" ma'am I am not allowed to have a boyfriend, ma'am. Amara gave Zaria a harsh look to leave the girl alone. Then Zaria said call your mother because I am just about done. Did you want curly ends of your hair or straight? Michelle said curly is better and thank you, ma'am. Hannah came back and Amara's last customer was gone for the day also. Amara said calm down Zaria they call it being friends while in school. But, after high school, Brighton will have two wives that are already arranged for him... Amara says I know but, allow Brighton to enjoy his female friendships now... Zaria looked her in the eyes and said yes, I will.