50. Goodbyes Never Last Pt. 1

Mill POV
Week 3

'Damn I'm not ready' I had been thinking to myself all morning about seeing this man again. I was nervous about actually sitting down with him. I haven't seen my dad since I was 19 when he popped up when it was my birthday and after that I had heard he'd died. And for him to show up years later I just can't believe it. A long awaited conversation that is needed, according to everyone else but I'm still in my feels about having it. But I guess I have to be ready. Because thanks to Cashmere and East we are meeting up today. Lord please keep my stress levels down.

This was so important to East that he flew us to New York to make it happen. I didn't even let Sky or anybody know we were here because this was supposed to be a in and out thing. "Sis calm down or stop thinking whatever you thinking." I guess I had a look on my face that gave away how I was feeling. I smirked at Cash. "Listen it's time for us to face our demons. We going in as a team and coming out as a team."

"Okay bro you right. We got this and everything's gonna be okay." I breathed in and breathed out before walking in to our old house. East was already in the house with CT. East was already in town for business and to link with Nip. Which was coo cause I could actually trust Nipsey, he's always been a stand up guy to me and a great influence to East.

When I walked in the house East met me in the foyer. "Baby CT has been sober for over 5 years now. He doesn't remember everything that's went on in the past but he's willing to admit his wrongs and listen bae. If it gets overwhelming let me know baby. Remember you're pregnant dawg. Don't play with me." He kissed my forehead. I nodded my head and looked up at him. "I'm here baby."

"I know. Let's go." We hugged and walked into the living room. "Hey CT." I sat across from him, sitting next to Cash.

"My God, you look just like your momma." CT was looking at me in awe.

"Is that why you left us? Cause I look too much like our mom?" I couldn't stop my words from coming out my mouth.

"Baby-" East tried to stop me.

"No! I'm just asking. I really need to know this because my whole childhood was non existent because of you. I had to help mom raise your responsibilities and then when she passed you still never showed up. I know you were on drugs but it didn't even seem like you fought between the two, being a dad or stay on drugs. We didn't see the fight at all and I had to do it all. Going to school, working at a club and taking care of 3 kids. It wasn't fair CT but I dealt with it and now we're here and I'm sitting in front of a man I've learned to hate for years."

It was quiet for a moment then CT spoke. "Well Camilla I wanna start off by saying I'm truly sorry. I can't take anything back. I wasn't there and it kills me still to this day. I just wasn't right and to sit here and tell y'all I went a day not thinking about y'all is a lie. I missed y'all so much but I wasn't a strong enough man after your mom left. I tried so hard but the drugs over came me. I was so down and just a fucked up man and father. I was a disappointment to not only you guys, but myself. To you guy's mother." He shed a tear for that last statement. He wiped his face and continued.

"Now I've been sober and clean for 5 years and to be honest it might be too late but not only did I do it for myself, but it was for y'all as well. Now if we're being truthful I was told y'all were doing fine and moved out of the state of New York. I got in touch with your god mother Dina awhile back and she said you guys moved to Georgia. I thought I lost my chance like 3 years ago so to see y'all 2 years later back in Harlem was a surprise to me but I was ecstatic. I should've expected the reaction I got from you Cashmere, hell from all of y'all but I can't help how y'all feel about the past cause I did that but all I can do is try now, if y'all will allow it."