36.

Mill POV

East was rubbing my belly while I was tryna calm down, listening to India & Cash. "Sis listen we didn't purposely do this. It was a mistake but we don't know what to do now."

"Sit down! The both of y'all now!" India sat down instantly, Cash ass rubbed his face then sat. "Now I know y'all scared but y'all shoulda practiced safe sex. This is your life. Now I'm pretty sure y'all know there's other solutions to this that I don't fully agree to but they are there. Which is abortion or adoption."

"No no. Look those can't be options. I got put up for adoption with my baby sis and bro when I was only 13 and luckily Mill had just turned 18 and was able to file for custody or we woulda been lost in the system and separated India. I don't want that for my kid."

"I don't want that either but what about our schooling?" India asked grabbing her face.

"This is when sacrifices comes in, mostly for you Dia. You can either decide to still leave for Yale while pregnant but it will be hard especially when you put the baby weight on you and have to walk across campus. And you have no support down there. Now another option is you go to Morehouse with Cashmere. You can work at the bookstore on campus and then when you go on Maternity leave you can do online classes. Cash got a scholarship for basketball but he was gonna do that and football. Now you can't. You have to get a job as well on campus." They both looked at me like I was their fairy god mother or some shit that just solved all their problems.

"Sis how'd you think of all that that fast?"

"Your sister is smart bro I told you. So what y'all gone do?" East asked looking between the two.

"I wanna keep this baby and I wanna keep this relationship so I'm willing to switch schools and stay here. I just have to talk to my mom about my decision that I chose, thanks to you Mill."

"Well now I can say congratulations and I'm here and happy for y'all. I'm pregnant as well. So I know the stress be real but lucky for me I have huge support and so will you guys. Just don't hesitate asking for help, like y'all did today."

"Thanks sis." He leaned down to give me a hug and kiss on the cheek, then came along India doing the same. "Well I'm about to drive her home, wish us luck." And with that they left out.

"My little brother has a baby on the way." It was so mind blowing to me.

"Yeah he gone be alright tho baby. I was his age when I had Kairi and I'm doing a great job raising her." He was right.

"Yes you are baby." I grabbed his chin and kissed him. "We're gonna be here for him but he does have to take care of his responsibilities on his own."

"I know baby but aye can I run something by you?" He was still rubbing my belly. Wonder what it was now.

"What is it baby?"

East POV

"I think I wanna get back into this studio shit. You know I stopped rapping when I had Kairi but I really wanna get back into it." She was really listening to me because her eyes were glued to me.

"Well let me ask you a serious question, and please don't get offended." I sat up so we could be face to face.

"What's up?"

"I love when you walking around the house rapping, like I really do but do you feel like this is something you're gonna take serious?"

"Yeah Mill I do. A old head I used to fuck with heavy back in the day in Harlem, Nassir, wants to put me on once I get back into my craft and that's another reason I wanted to run it by you." I knew I had a gift and I was ready to put it out there in the world.