prologue

"gang activity is up in the area again. newest gang, 'dream' as they call themselves, is claiming the recent robbery is their doing. could such a small gang really have done such a large scale robbery? witnesses said the robbery was done by the mafia family, nct, but who do we believe when nct didn't leave their normal signature-"

a groan left his lips as he ran one hand down his face, the other still holding the tv remote up in his hand, pointed at the tv.

"what are we going to do about these little shits?" the male sitting next to him asked, his black hair neatly laying over his forehead, his wide eyes looking at his aggravated leader and then darting to the underboss sitting next to him.

the underboss had a smirk of disbelief on his lips, sitting back with his arms crossed over his chest, his brown hair slicked back but starting to fall in his face, "un-fucking-believable."

"taeyong?" the black haired male called to the don who was still sitting there, almost as if he was frozen.

as if he was awoken from a spell, taeyong looked up and at the black haired male, his blue hair falling from the gel that was trying desperately to keep his hair in position. "what?"

"i asked what you think we should do," the black haired male repeated.

"i don't know- what do we do?" taeyong grumbled, leaning back in his chair, "i'm getting pissed off."

a hesitant knock was on the door at that moment.

"come in," taeyong called, sitting up and running a hand through his hair.

a male peeked his head in, messy brown hair over his eyes and round glasses. he looked like he had just gotten up.

"did you see the news?" were the first words out of his lips as he opened the door a little wider.

taeyong sighed, nodding, "you've seen it too?"

the male nodded his head lightly, glancing at the two males next to taeyong, "yeah, johnny had the news on while he was drinking his coffee this morning. what are we going to do?"

"mark don't you have a capo to take care of-" the underboss started, stopping when he saw taeyong's glare.

"mark's the heir, he should be in on these meetings," the black haired male chirped, "so chill jaehyun."

jaehyun let out a sigh, sitting up straight.

"we have to stop them somehow," taeyong mumbled, picking up his cup of coffee and taking a sip.

"doyoung, who's in the gang?" jaehyun asked.

a scorn dawned doyoung's face, "there are five high schoolers in it: huang renjun, their leader lee jeno, na jaemin, zhong chenle, and park jisung."

taeyong hummed, swirling the coffee around, "high schoolers huh?"

"who was on the robbery last night?" the blue haired male asked, his eyes glancing towards doyoung.

"yuta's capo," doyoung replied instantly, "his report said they didn't get the chance to mark it because the police were a block away."

taeyong let out a low hum, looking at mark who was awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"do you think mark could pass as a teenager?"

the three other males looked at the don like he had grew another head.

"i mean, he would be a freshman in college... he could pass," jaehyun mumbled.

"what are you suggesting taeyong?" mark asked.

taeyong didn't answer and instead looked at doyoung, "sign mark up for the school where dream goes."

doyoung got the plan immediately, "okay can do. let me text taeil."

doyoung pulled his phone out and started to furiously text the oldest male.

"taeyong, what are you doing?" mark asked.

"hey speak with respect," jaehyun scolded, but mark just looked at the don.

taeyong got up and walked over to mark, "mark, my sweet younger brother, you aren't known to the world as the heir to nct. lee minhyung is, but not mark and no one has seen you. you can go and take down these bastards- break them up. i don't care how you do it as long as dream is no longer and no one knows it's nct, okay?"

mark nodded slowly, "okay taeyong."

taeyong beamed at his brother, patting his shoulder, "this is your chance to prove yourself mark. you've always made me proud and excelled in everything, but now you can put those skills to the test. make me proud and underboss may be available earlier than expected."

mark's eyes sparkled in excitement and happiness, "i won't let you down tae!"

"good," the don patted the boy's shoulder again. "doyoung, help mark get ready to be a normal high schooler. figure out a personality, plan- everything. jaehyun, come with me, we have to get ready for the meeting with yuta's capo."

© breezzlly2003 - 2021