twenty-five

donghyuck hummed softly along to the song stuck in his head as he played a game on his phone, laying in the bed next to renjun's

it was around lunchtime the day after the mission and donghyuck had spent time in the nurse's with renjun since he had breakfast. kun and ten took turns checking up in renjun and changing his bandages. however, the injured male hadn't woken up yet.

a whine left donghyuck's lips as he lost the game, throwing his phone onto the bed next to him and sitting up.

he sent a glance at renjun before standing up and walking over to a big stack of medical books and skimming through some of them.

"am i really that bored that i'm sitting here reading medical stuff? mark's the medical nerd, not me," donghyuck mumbled to himself, closing the book in his hands and looking at renjun.

"oh shit!" the red haired male yelled when he saw renjun sitting straight up and staring at him.

renjun stifled a laugh as donghyuck practically fell out of his chair, scrambling over to the other's side.

"how are you? do you need some pain pills? water? another pill? i'll call-"

"i'm fine," renjun interrupted. "are you okay?"

donghyuck nodded. "yeah, thanks to you."

"hey, you may be a pain in the ass and we may bicker all the time, but i don't want you to... you know..."

"no i don't think i do," donghyuck grinned teasingly. "finish."

"die, okay? i don't want you to die," renjun sighed. "you demon."

donghyuck beamed at renjun. "i don't want you to die either. i was afraid you weren't going to wake up."

"why wouldn't i? it's just a shot to the arm," renjun shrugged before cringing in pain. "okay, it hurts a fuck ton, but not enough to kill me."

donghyuck giggled. "i should tell the others you're up."

"uh, before you go," renjun mumbled. "i know i've been a dick to you, but when i saw you about to be killed, i regretted it- a lot. i wanted to say... i'm sorry."

donghyuck's face softened. "don't worry about it. i wasn't being the most pleasant either."

"it was mostly me."

"yeah it was."

renjun stared at donghyuck deadpan. "dude you were supposed to say no it wasn't."