twenty-three

mark adjusted the sleeves of his gray suit jacket, then the cuffs of his white button down

"you look fine, stop," johnny scolded, motioning for the younger to follow him.

mark quickly fell in step with johnny, the two in front of the rest of their team plus the three bosses. "sorry, just a little worried about dream."

"don't be- you've trained them well," johnny shot the younger a smile, opening the door to the restaurant.

mark nodded, looking in awe at the luxurious restaurant, people already mingling, his eyes finding those wearing exo's gray quickly.

"let's go say hello to sehun," johnny said, walking in the direction of the male who was talking to someone else, a half-full champagne flute in his hand.

sehun's dark eyes lit up at the sight of johnny. the former turned out of his conversation, the corners of his lips upturning slightly.

"youngho! mini youngho!" sehun greeted enthusiastically, snapping his fingers and turning towards a staff waiter. "get two more glasses of champagne."

the staff member, someone from exo, nodded and walked to the back.

"my name is mark," mark grumbled, a smile on his lips nonetheless.

"mini youngho, mark, same thing," sehun waved off. "glad you could make it. it's always nice to see johnny in one piece, though if he had actually died..."

"if i died i would haunt you," johnny said, a bright, sarcastic smile on his lips as he took the champagne flute handed to him.

sehun let out a laugh, putting a hand in one of his pant pockets.

mark blanked out as the two older males energetically conversed, his eyes scanning the room as he took a sip of his champagne. there were a good amount of people, about half sitting and half standing. nct was scattered throughout the room, either talking amongst themselves or members of exo. this was with the exception of team three who were mostly speaking to those not in the two mafias.

he made mental notes of people who looked even the slightest bit suspicious.

eventually, his eyes landed on the rest of his team, the males surrounding the dons, underbosses, and the consigliere of each mafia, some members of exo around them as well.

time started to fly by faster than mark thought, especially with the expectation in the pit of his stomach. he had left sehun and johnny who were now talking to some other people and was standing with taeyong, both holding champagne flutes and watching the party.