five

"jesus fucking christ mark! you look like you ran into a building with your face multiple times!"

mark flinched at jisung's loud voice, leaning his head back against the building's wall. "maybe i did."

"what happened?" jeno asked calmly, crouching down next to the male.

it was two days after mark's suspension had began and he hadn't seen dream. taeyong and jaehyun had made sure mark was constantly busy with the mafia as a punishment for getting suspended. finally, he got doyoung to cover for him that night and snuck out.

"got into a fight," mark chuckled, flinching and swatting the finger away as jaemin touched the bruise on mark's cheek.

"with who?" chenle pried. "that shit's bad."

"okay maybe multiple fights," mark shrugged like it was no big deal. "they came out worse."

"worse? what were they dead?" renjun asked, flabbergasted.

mark pursed his lips, "maybe."

the group all looked at him. "stop bullshitting."

mark internally scoffed. they were dead. not many people came out alive in a fight with nct. especially when nct was angry which they had been recently.

mark made his lips turn into a teasing smile, "why? think i couldn't kill someone?"

"no, you definitely could, but if you did, why would you tell us?" jeno answered. "we could rat you out like that."

mark watched as jeno snapped his fingers.

mark shrugged in response to the younger male. "don't know."

"who did you fight though?" chenle whined. "i hate suspense!"

mark thought for a second. it wasn't like he could tell the truth- that would jeopardize the mission and they would know he was part of nct.

"the new gang, dream," mark's lips turned down in a frown. "at least i think so. i couldn't get a good look at their faces."

dream all looked at each other confused. what was mark going on about?

"i doubt it," jaemin answered. "dream doesn't really fight."

"how are you so sure?" mark tilted his head to the side. "the media doesn't report a lot about dream."

"how are you so sure they do fight?" jeno retorted.