epilogue

"donghyuck, wakey wakey."

"fuck, did i really fall asleep at my computer again?"

jaemin nodded, going around and shutting off all the equipment that was on. "yes, you did. everyone will be back soon."

this woke donghyuck right up and he helped jaemin turn everything off. "yes! mark said he was bringing fried chicken."

jaemin smiled and shook his head. "i hope he gets the good kind this time."

"same," donghyuck sighed, dreaming about the fried chicken.

"children! we're home!" mark's voice resonated from one of the security cameras' audio.

"let's go!" donghyuck cheered, dragging jaemin to the elevator with him.

"man, that guy really almost knocked me out," jeno sighed, sitting down on a chair harshly. "i can feel the bruises from my nose."

"i'll set it after we eat," mark told the younger, distributing the fried chicken to the others. "you don't want it to be crooked."

jeno hummed, taking his portion of chicken.

"how was your mission guys?" donghyuck asked as he slipped into a chair next to renjun and stole a fry from the male.

renjun gasped and shoved donghyuck, the male barely able to avoid falling flat on his face.

"pretty good other than jeno almost passing out and jisung getting stabbed in the shoulder," chenle responded, fried chicken in his mouth.

"dude, finish chewing," renjun cringed, throwing a fry at the younger chinese male.

chenle just ate the fry, not seeming bothered by renjun.

"oh mark," jaemin turned towards the oldest who hummed and looked up. "taeyong said he wanted to see you when you are done."

mark nodded. "okay. it's probably for a report of what happened."

jaemin nodded, agreeing.

"god i can't believe we graduated last year and chenle and jisung graduated last month," jeno huffed. "it just keeps randomly hitting me."

"i know," renjun groaned. "i miss mei."

"dude you saw your girlfriend yesterday," mark laughed.

"yeah, but still," renjun sighed. "you've never had a girlfriend, you don't understand."

"he really doesn't," jaemin sighed as well.

"you two are both in relationships and suddenly you're love geniuses huh?" donghyuck sassed, pointing a piece of fried chicken at renjun.

"yes," jaemin and renjun answered at the same time.

"this is why we like jeno the most out of you annoying 00 liners," chenle said. "he's calm, nice, protective, and doesn't brag about having a girlfriend every two seconds!"

"how can jeno brag about something he doesn't have?" donghyuck shot back.

"hey," jeno whined. "why am i being dragged into this?"

"as long as it's not me," jisung mumbled under his breath, watching the group fight.

chenle snorted at jisung's comment. "oh jisungie do you feel left out? do you want to join in?"

"no, please no," jisung begged, backing away from his best friend.

"did i hear a yes?" chenle grinned mischievously.

everyone else joined to gang up on jisung who was just trying to eat his fried chicken and fries in peace.

"dream! you're back!" johnny cheered as him, ten, and jungwoo walked down the stairs and over to the group. "how was the mission?"

"pretty good," mark replied. "how's home?"

"boring," ten groaned. "i can't complain though, wayv is going back to china in a few days."

"i'm going to miss you," johnny sobbed, hugging the thai male.

"you're a baby," ten commented, not trying to move out of johnny's grip.

"i've been following them around all day because it's like watching a soap opera and i'm waiting for some chemical stuff to happen that you guys wouldn't understand," jungwoo said, smiling at mark.

"oh, i need to go see taeyong," mark was suddenly reminded after a few more minutes of talking. "i'll be back."

the group all said goodbyes, some nicer than others, and mark made his way downstairs to his brother's office.

"hey taeyong, doyoung," mark greeted as he entered the office, seeing the two males behind the desk. "what's up?"

"come take a seat," taeyong urged.

mark raised in eyebrow in confusion before sitting down. "okay?"

"so, we've been thinking and talking, and we have a proposition for you," taeyong said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"a proposition? what about?" mark asked, his eyes flickering from doyoung to taeyong.

"we want you to take- no, you are going to take the underboss position in exchange for being the capo of dream."

"i'm what?"