twenty-four

"they're on their way

"they're on their way."

donghyuck hummed in response to jaemin, typing on his keyboard.

"shit there are people approaching," jaemin cursed, staring intently at the camera from his drone. "hey siri call chenle."

the boy blindly hit the speaker button, the ringing echoing in the semi-quiet van.

"what's up?" chenle's quiet voice answered.

"there are people surrounding you," jaemin warned. "coming from all directions."

"try to make it as close to here as you can," donghyuck spoke up. "it'll be easier to fight."

chenle hummed before hanging up.

"do you have the smoke bomb?" donghyuck asked jaemin, glancing at the male.

jaemin held it up. "yup."

"cool, be ready to throw it."

jaemin hummed, putting the bomb back down and focusing on his drone again.

"they're here."

a gunshot rang through the air after jaemin said that, the male grabbing the bomb that was sitting next to him.

"here," he handed the drone controls to donghyuck before opening the van door, pulling the pin out of the bomb, and throwing it into the air.

"how will that really help them?" jaemin asked, closing the door quickly.

"it's an advantage," donghyuck mumbled, handing the drone controller back to jaemin and going back to looking through security cameras. "we work with them all the time, so it's easier to maneuver through and most of the members are trained to use their other senses."

jaemin hummed in understanding, staring at his drone. "i feel like we should go help."

"and do what?" donghyuck questioned. "some of the best fighters are outside- the only one i'd be slightly concerned about is doyoung."

"still," jaemin mumbled, slightly pouting.

"so go then," donghyuck urged. "do what you think is right. i highly doubt they have any more backup and according to the restaurant security system, they have it covered in there. i can handle this."

jaemin nodded, smiling slightly at donghyuck before grabbing the pistol behind him and heading out of the van.

donghyuck was right when he said nct had it covered. taeyong, jaehyun, jungwoo, and jisung were fighting with the rest covering them, and doyoung sneaking away to most likely get the car they were going to leave in.