nine

the dark alleyways were not something new to mark

looking for someone in his own mafia to kill was though.

nct had faked deaths multiple times, so they were ready for mark to "kill" one of them.

the target this time: wong lucas, a new solider in johnny's capo. he joined the same time as jungwoo and was scarily excited to be "dead."

"you're here early."

mark met eyes with jaemin who was standing there alone.

"yeah, so are you," mark sighed, walking over.

"ready to kill someone today?" jaemin asked.

"as ready as i'll ever be," the older replied bluntly.

"lighten up mark, as soon as this is done, you'll be one of us," jaemin sent mark a smile.

that was the thing- mark didn't want to be one of them. not at all. he may have been tolerating them more, but not enough for them to be close friends.

"yup," mark forced a smile back.

the rest of dream showed up at exactly two-thirty.

"there's one a block down- he's alone," renjun said as soon as he arrived, holding out a pistol. "let's go mark."

mark nodded, taking the gun out of renjun's hands.

as mark walked down the street, he prayed for his acting skills to be ready for something like this.

"don't say anything- just shoot," jeno instructed before pushing mark into the alley.

lucas turned around and the two met eyes before mark raised his pistol and pretended to shake.

he could tell lucas was trying not to laugh and it made him fire a warning shot.

it was a little to the left and scrapped his arm, lucas gapping at mark.

lucas raised his own gun and went to fire at mark, but mark was quicker and he shot the male right in the chest.

mark made sure it wasn't exactly near his heart or dream would be suspicious of how well he handled a gun and shot again, this time lower at his stomach.

lucas sputtered and fell back, blood flowing from his chest and stomach.

"woah, he actually did it," mark heard jisung said to chenle, but mark didn't move his eyes from lucas.