seven

"i honestly don't know if you should sit with us for lunch today

"i honestly don't know if you should sit with us for lunch today."

mark hummed in agreement at jaemin's statement, stretching his arms above his head.

"jeno's still pretty angry," jaemin continued, watching mark.

"i'm not surprised," mark answered honestly, his arms falling to his sides. "however, i am surprised that you aren't."

"no one but jeno is," jaemin answered, facing front and leaning back against a locker. "you had a point. jeno should really stop annoying donghyuck and we keep telling him that, but he's stubborn and wants to fix what he broke."

bingo, that was the real reason jeno wanted to be donghyuck's friend. it wasn't because he was nice or a good guy, but because he wanted to make up for past mistakes. mark couldn't blame him, but jeno was getting out of hand.

"i feel bad," jaemin pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "i want to help donghyuck too, but it's jeno's problem and because i am friends with jeno, he wants nothing to do with me."

"i still really don't know what the problem is," mark said honestly. "so i don't know how to respond."

"it's really not my place to say, but basically jeno screwed donghyuck over and now donghyuck is pissed and jeno is trying to apologize," jaemin vaguely explained. "i just don't want you to be completely out of the loop. you're our friend and we don't like to keep many secrets."

mark smiled softly at him, "i appreciate it thank you."

jaemin just smiled back.

"are you and donghyuck really friends?"

the question shocked mark. were they? mark didn't even know.

"i don't know," mark said, shrugging. "i can't tell if he just tolerates me or if he's just so lonely he's willing to spend time with an outsider."

jaemin look at him, somewhat confused. "so is that a no?"

"i guess?" mark mumbled. "i don't know, i feel bad for the kid. he's not that bad."

jaemin shook his head, "no, not bad at all. well... sometimes."

mark glanced at jaemin, confused. "what does that mean?"

jaemin looked around the crowded hallway before leaning closer to mark and lowering his voice. "look, i'm sure by now you've realized what renjun said was complete bullshit, right?"