one

"have a good day at school honey!"

mark's ears burned in embarrassment at one of the mafia capos' comment, nervously adjusting his high school uniform.

"ignore him," a tall male threw his arm around mark's shoulders, shooting him a big smile. "let's get going kid."

mark nodded, allowing the older male to direct him to the car.

the car ride was silent. mark was nervous and didn't want to talk and the other male was respecting that, quietly bopping his head to the music playing.

"remember i'm your uncle and you're staying with me okay?" the male told mark when they had parked in the school parking lot.

mark nodded, taking a deep breath with his eyes closed and saying a small prayer.

the two males got out of the car, mark trailing behind the taller quietly, looking around in awe.

he had never gone to school properly, always being home schooled since he was young. there was a new set of emotions in him seeing people his age walking around and happily talking to their friends. the closest he had gotten to a friend his age were jaehyun and winwin who were two years older. winwin was a member of yuta's capo, but left to china to help establish a capo there and jaehyun was... jaehyun.

"we're here mark," the other male interrupted mark's thoughts, "ready?"

mark let a smile grace his lips and nodded, "born ready dude."

the male let out a laugh and they entered.

"i'm john seo and this mark lee, the new exchange student," the taller male said to the secretary, sending her a sly smile.

mark almost laughed at johnny's smile, instead nodding politely.

"let me take you to meet your homeroom teacher," the secretary said after everything was set up.

johnny ruffled mark's hair and sent him a smile, "i'll be back at pick up kiddo."

mark nodded, smiling back.

"you're from canada, right?" the secretary asked.

"ah- yeah," mark responded, "i was born and lived there until two years ago. i wanted to experience high school for my last year."

the secretary smiled at him before opening a door and leading him to his homeroom teacher.

he wasn't surprised to see taeil sitting there. mark knew taeil worked at the school which is why the second oldest, johnny, had taken mark up as his "guardian" instead.