sixteen

"good," taeyong smirked, looking over his shoulder

"good," taeyong smirked, looking over his shoulder. "we're one short though. i think it would be better if we all presented the plan- don't you?"

jaehyun nodded, "a lot better."

mark took that as his cue and sneakily took the key out of his pocket and unlocked his handcuff, a slight click echoing through the dead silent room.

"who the fuck carried me and knocked me out? i feel like shit so it definitely wasn't ten or winwin," mark said, standing up and rubbing his wrist.

"mark?" jaemin whispered. "you're in nct?"

mark took his spot next to jaehyun and looked at all the boys who looked devastated. "maybe i should properly introduce myself. hey, my name is mark lee aka lee minhyung- the heir of nct. i'm nineteen and the one dealing with mission dream."

"mission dream? mark what the fuck? how dare you?" jeno spat.

"we trusted you!" renjun cried.

mark pursed his lips, ignoring the guilt rising in him. "yeah, you did. you should listen to taeyong now though."

"no mark, this is your mission, explain what it was first and then i'll tell them my proposition," taeyong motioned to dream while looking at his younger brother.

"me? okay then," mark sighed, turning back towards dream. "how long has it been now? four months? yeah, i think it's been about that. so four months ago, right when you started targeting nct, we got pissed off. doyoung found out who you guys were and i, since i was the youngest at the time, was sent to your school to cause dream to disband."

"you motherfucker," renjun cursed.

"wait-" jaemin tried to shut his other members up who were yelling at mark. "wait!"

after jaemin yelled, dream got quiet and looked at jaemin.

"mark, if you wanted us to disband, why did you suggest not disbanding?" jaemin asked softly, raw emotion clear in his voice.

mark looked at jaehyun and then at taeyong before turning back to dream. "i grew attached to you guys. mission dream changed around when donghyuck joined nct. the plan was no longer to disband you guys- but to get you away from nct and make sure you never came near us again."

"then why are we here?" chenle questioned.

"i think it's my turn now," taeyong said, taking a few steps forward. "we want you to join nct."