six

mark's right hand quickly wrote the answers to his homework, his left clumsily picking up his food and bringing it to his mouth

donghyuck watched in silent amusement, the sides of his lips upturned and his own right hand holding his chopsticks in midair.

this is how most of their lunches were. the two were silent while mark did his homework, mumbling quietly about the equation he was using or the sentence he was writing. donghyuck would eat his food and mark would always give his leftovers to the younger male. donghyuck would mumble a thank you in response, eating mark's food as well.

it always managed to make mark smile as he watched donghyuck take the food and eat blissfully.

they didn't sit together everyday- only on days where mark was stressed and couldn't deal with his friends or was tired and just wanted to sit and chill. donghyuck never complained, he just greeted mark and went back to playing a game on his phone.

"what are you writing?"

mark jumped at donghyuck's sudden voice, the latter blinking in shock at the former's reaction.

"english," mark answered. "i have a paper to do."

donghyuck hummed, leaning his cheek on his left palm, his elbow on the table. his other hand still had his chopsticks in it and he moved his food around with them. "are you almost done?"

mark nodded, his eyes flickering back down to quickly finish his paper.

"have you, uh, ever played this game called kart rider?" donghyuck hesitantly asked.

mark shook his head, "no. honestly i don't play a lot of games. i've never had anyone be like 'oh try this game' so."

"you should download it," the younger male suggested. "it's fun. we could play co-op..."

his eyes shined with worry and expectation. he was hesitant to say that and mark could tell.

"sure," mark grinned at donghyuck. "i'm down. i'll probably be shit though."

"i'm really good at it, so i'll beat you either way."

mark let out a loud laugh, looking at donghyuck who was competitively smirking at the older male.

"what a cocky little shit," mark teased.

"it's my brand," donghyuck proudly boasted.