ten

mark bit his nails, staring at his alarm clock and waiting for it to turn six am so he could get up and get ready for school

he didn't sleep all night. all he could think about was what donghyuck had said the afternoon before.

why did donghyuck even want to join nct?

mark couldn't bring himself to tell anyone in nct what had happened, so he quickly made up the excuse that he had a shit day and wanted to be left alone and the mafia respected that.

that was probably the opposite of what mark wanted though. he wanted someone to tell him what the fuck to do.

fuck it, mark couldn't deal with this anymore. he threw the duvet off of his body and walked out of his room, going over to doyoung's room.

he knocked once and there was a quiet groan from behind the door before it swung open.

mark was met with a surprised doyoung who looked like he had just woke up.

"what's up mark?" doyoung yawned, looking at the clock. "it's four am, did you even sleep?"

mark shook his head, "can i um... can i come in?"

doyoung nodded, moving to the side and allowing the younger male to shuffle in.

doyoung's room always calmed mark with how simple and clean it was. there was barely any clutter and everything had a place and stayed in that place.

"what's wrong?" doyoung asked, closing his bedroom door.

mark opened his mouth and then shut it, trying to find the words.

"just spit it out," doyoung groaned, laying back down on his bed, but still looking at mark.

"donghyuck knows doyoung," mark's voice broke and quivered. "he knows i'm in nct."

doyoung sat up straight quickly, looking at mark who looked like he was about to cry any second.

"he said he's some sort of third party hacker who works with dream and that- that-"

"hey, slow down," the older tried to calm the younger. "it's okay."

"that if i don't let him join nct, he's going to tell dream what i'm doing," mark finished, not looking up to meet doyoung's eyes. "he also said since he works with dream and dream will be gone he needs money... another reason to be in nct."