Chapter 22

“Time for cake.” Andrea announced, we had opened the doors and somewhere between 50 and 100 people came in and according to Danny more will come. Who cares? We’ll be leaving as soon as we can, a little mingling and then back to our hotel. I’d seen faces I recognise, but haven’t had a chance to introduce myself yet. “Now, this was expensive. So you better appreciate this.” When the cake was wheeled out I saw why.

“This is beautiful!” I gasped, pulling Andrea into a quick hug before looking closely at the cake.

“I remember you mentioning Choccywoccydoodah, so thought I’d see what I could do.” She shrugged, even Dan was staring at the cake in shock. It was amazing. It had figures of things we loved, had some of our favourite quotes, song lyrics and stuff. What got me were the little figures; me and Dan, there were little scenes. One of Dan proposing to me, one of Dan playing the guitar with me sat beside him and a personal favourite one of my in a wedding dress in a ‘heated kiss’ with Dan. There were a few more, but these stood out.

“I almost don’t want to eat it.” I laughed. Choccywoccydoodah had been a favourite show of me and my Mum’s, I loved it. Always had. And now I finally get to eat some of their stuff, I understand what people say, it’s just so amazing you don’t want to destroy it. We took photos and David appeared, the one who designed the cake, after cutting it and letting everyone have a slice we talked to him a little more.

“Glad you liked it.” David smiled.

“It’s amazing. I can promise you that Dan will be forced to get stuff more often. And David, you were always my favourite.” I promised, both of us laughing.

“Well I’m glad, this was fun to make, so I’d love to try some more stuff for you two. Seriously, you need anything let us know.” I said goodbye and headed off to make a little small talk, got to get seen at your own wedding. I saw Chris and ran over to give him a hug, not realising he wasn’t alone.

“Hey sexy.” I laughed.

“Gorgeous. Where’s Dan the man?” He chuckled.

“You know, around doing important things I’m sure.” It’s then I noticed who he was stood with.

“Please, this is Ryan Tedder.” He couldn’t say anything else.

“Ryan, I am a massive fan and last time life got in the way. Sadly =, I’m married now and there is no hope for our relationship. But I love you.” We were all laughing. “Seriously, you are a genius. Everything you do is amazing, you are the undercover king of pop.”

“Thanks, it means a lot.” Ryan smiled sweetly at me. “I’ll be seeing a lot of you I’m sure, and Dan. You should come to one of our studio get togethers.”

“I can only imagine how much fun that would be.” The boys on their own are pretty great, added with Ryan and the glory that is OneRepublic. Well. I can’t even begin to think what will come next. You just need to look at Flares to know that those guys work well together. “Love to stay and hat. Really would. But, you know. Mingle and what not.” I rolled my eyes and waved a little as I headed on my way.