Chapter 6

Scotland. He is taking me to fucking Scotland. And I’m saying this in a good way. Dan, being the most amazing boyfriend in existence is taking me to see my grandparents. We’ve spoken a few times since the funeral, not much, but I have missed them so much. Now I get to tell them the good news.

“You look happy.” Dan whispered into my ear. We are on our way over now.

“They can meet you and we can tell them we’re getting married.” I exclaimed. “Shit, what about Shawn?” Dan looked a little embarrassed.

“Well, he actually already knows.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m a traditional guy.” He shrugged, what a babe. He asked for permission to marry me. Holy shit. “And your Granddad. Not that he knows you said yes, but Shawn would have got my drunk ass calling him if you had said no.”

“One. You are the most romantic guy I have ever met. Two. I could never say no to you, I am beyond lucky to have you with me.” I assured him, kissing him softly.

“Here we are.” The taxi driver told us, I handed over the money and we jumped out.

“Come on Dan!” I pulled him to their flat, knocking on the door. I looked down at my outfit.

“You look fine, don’t worry about it.” Dan insisted, he can read my mind sometimes. I heard the lock being messed with, the door opened and my Granddad stood there a stupid smile on his face.

“Hey! If it isn’t my favourite granddaughter.” He laughed, pulling me into a hug. I had missed that Scottish accent, it always makes me smile. A little like Dan’s Irish one, although I love that for a completely different reason.

“Hi Grandpa.” I smiled. “This is Danny.” They shook hands.

“Nice to meet you.” Dan said, and he meant it too.

“Come on, your grandma is going mad up there waiting for you.” He led us into the living area where I was attacked by Gran.

“Hi Gran. This is my boyfriend Danny.”

“Isn’t he gorgeous?” She commented, pulling him into a hug.

“That he is.” I agreed, Dan looked a little confused but happy all the same.

“Now, any news we should hear about?” Grandpa asked, looking at me expectantly.

“We are engaged!” I exclaimed, Gran squealed pulling me into a hug.

“Oh, that’s lovely dear.”

“Very happy for you. Now, you listen here Chap.” He looked at Dan. “You look after her, you hear?”