Chapter 9

“Get out of the kitchen.” Dan ordered.

“I just wanna know what it is!” Mark argued.

“Wait till I’ve finished.” Dan snapped, he is one hell of a cook and doesn’t appreciate us going in to bother him. I jumped out of bed, pulling on some jeans but keeping Dan’s shirt on before wandering in to see the boys.

“She’s alive!” Glen laughed wrapping his arms around me.

“What’s cooking?” I asked, looking over at Dan.

“Not gunna say.” He insisted, I went into the kitchen to give him a hug, pressing a quick kiss to his lips.

“Come on Dan, we just wanna know.” I pleaded.

“Nope.”

“Dan!” I looked at him with hopeful eyes, hoping it would work. His face softened a little.

“I don’t wanna say. It’s a surprise. But I can tell you I have made an apple pie for afterwards.” I love his apple pie, it is heaven.

“I might have to marry you right now.” I joked.

“Get out of my kitchen.” He pushed me out.

“Not yours.” I pointed out.

“Not yours either, I am borrowing it.” He closed the door leaving us guessing what it could be.

“He’s a pretty decent pasta maker.”

“Yeah, but his Moroccan Stew thing with cous cous is great. He’s pretty proud of that one.” I reminded him.

“True. In fact, that may well be what it is. They smell similar.” Mark agreed, we looked like idiots sat there sniffing the air. “Oh, and just so you know. We all noticed that lover boy changed trousers. Kinky.” He teased.

“Oh shut your stupid face.” I tried to hide the blush.

“Ah, it’s kinda cute. But really not.” Glen chuckled.

“And I love you guys, best friends ever.” I rolled my eyes at them.

“Hey, we are mostly kidding. At least you didn’t go all out, that would be pretty weird to be honest.”

“Speaking of grandparents, where are they?” I asked, they pointed towards the TV. “I should probably socialise.” I sighed.

“Afraid that may be a good idea. We are leaving tomorrow.” Glen agreed.

“Yeah, go talk and reminisce. We will keep watch and call you if anything changes.” Mark ordered.