Chapter 23

I was resting my head against Danny’s chest, the waves lapping at our feet. It was beautiful. The sun was shining, everything was just about perfect. Yet again.

“I could stay here forever.” I sighed.

“And I’d stay here with you.” Dan agreed. We’d already been here in sunny Hawaii a week and I wasn’t getting bored of it. It was a nice change, we haven’t had a proper break in a while and especially not one with decent weather.

“Any plans for today then?” I asked, knowing the answer; play things by ear. See how it all turn out. We spent one day in bed, another at the beach, sometimes we head down to a bar and sit there for a while. Dan enjoyed the karaoke nights, not that people were amazingly god or anything, it was just a bit of fun. One night he decided to go up and sing, that was a fun night. We aren’t necessarily doing anything special, but just being with Dan is enough for me. I am still struggling to believe he is really mine, and that this is all really happening.

“I was thinking of buying this place.” Dan confessed, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked around slowly, turning to face him. He wasn’t joking, I guess I can see why. A beautiful little house with its own private stretch of beach, not too far from town and any other major place. It’s secluded without being cut off, there’s even room for expansion. Dan could convert one of the rooms into a little studio, then we could get work done as well. It’s the perfect place for us really. A place for us to get away.

“You know what, I think that would be great.” He smiled one of his beautiful smiles, I kissed him slowly, unable to resist. Unfortunately the man’s charms still work on me.

“I’ll look into it later.” He promised, pulling me that little bit closer to his body. “What did you want to do today?”

“I don’t care Danno, as long as it’s me and you I couldn’t care less.” I admitted.

“How about dinner and a movie, like out.”

“I’m up for that.” I agreed. “What will we do between now and then?” Dan’s face lit up, he pulled me into his arms. Lifting me to wrap my legs around his waist as my arms went round his neck.

“I think I have an idea.” Luckily we hadn’t wandered too far from the house, a minute away maybe. It wasn’t long before Dan was kicking the door open and we were back in the bedroom. I’m loving this honeymoon.

So I let Dan convince me to stay for a month, all my arguments fell flat on their face. Plus, I really liked Hawaii. Hawaii for 3 weeks was brilliant, we bought the house so we can go back whenever for a little get away. It’s already been two months of marriage, two whole months; 6 weeks. And they flew by. Here I am sat in the bathroom with my head in my hands.