Chapter 5

Dan went into the house first, there was a lot of noise, people talking and laughing loudly, I don’t think anyone even noticed we were here. Dan winked at me, before taking my hand and leading me into the kitchen. I was wearing the ring, Dan said it was too mean not to wear it, so I kept that hand in my pocket.

“Hi Ma.” Dan greeted, it was quieter in the kitchen.

“Oh, there you two are. We were beginning to worry, come on. I’ve just finished putting the food out, Daniel grab those drinks.” She ordered, Dan picked them up and we followed her to the massive table. There were a lot of people. I was going to be sat next to Dan. Thank God. He was on the ring side, which is a relief.

“So, what did you two get up to yesterday?” Mark asked, a massive smile on his face. Dan chose then to have a drink, so I answered.

“We went to the zoo, it was great. Although, Dan didn’t approve of my choice in ice-cream.”

“I’d almost forgotten about that.” Dan moaned.

“But it was awesome, right Otto?”

“Sure Otter.” He laughed.

“And what else?” Mark pressed, rolling his eyes and ignoring the Otter thing.

“Well, we went for an Italian.” Dan informed them.

“And it was the best Italian I have ever eaten. Like ever. I mean it was heaven.” Mark looked really confused, looking from me to Dan, who had started eating to avoid the stares.

“And nothing else happened? Nothing at all?” Mark asked, Glen was also looking confused. The O’Donoghues, although weren’t in on the plan, were all looking at me now.

“I mean, we went to Grafton Street.” I started.

“YOU GOT ENGAGED!” Andrea shrieked, jumping up and hugging me. I burst out laughing and so did Dan.

“We got engaged!” We cheered, taking my hand from my pocket to show them the ring.

“You had me going for a second.” Mark sighed in relief.

“It was her idea Mark, can’t say no to my lady.” Dan shrugged.

“Oh, my Daniel is growing up.” Ailish pulled me into a hug. “I’m so glad he’s settling down with a girl as nice as you. When can I expect grandchildren?” Dan spat his drink out.

“Well, if Dan is going to continue to be that attractive. Never.” I chuckled, looking at the coke dribbling down his face. Mark and Glen laughed at that.

“Ma, come on. We aren’t married yet, there aren’t goin to be kids anytime soon.” I agreed with that, not before we get married for sure.