Chapter 14

“That was Dan. Oh my god. Dan.” I fell to the floor, tears pouring down my face.

“Come on, we’ll get you to the hospital.” I let them lead me, as I continued to sob hysterically. Eventually calming down, I managed to stop crying. But my thoughts were with Dan, worrying about my baby boy. “Here we are.” I jumped out, vaguely aware of someone coming with me. I reached the reception area.

“Danny O’Donoghue, where is he?” I asked, close to hysterics again.

“Only family I’m afraid, do you have any ID?” Do I what?

“I’m his fiancée. Please.” A tear rolled down my face.

“Do you know how many times I’ve heard that?” She asked, rolling her eyes a little.

“I want to see my fiancé! Where is he? Where is he?” The tears were coming stronger. “Is he okay? Can’t you tell me that? I need to know. I need to see him. I need to tell him I love him. And. And. I need to be there, like he was for me.”

“Look, if you really insist on waiting sit over there.” There were quite a few people sat there trying to look innocent.

“What about Mark and Glen they aren’t family?” I sobbed.

“Not your problem.” She shook her head at me. I didn’t move, instead pulling out my phone.

“Hey dear.” Ailish greeted, she heard my sobbing. “What’s wrong?”

“Ailish. It’s. It’s Danny. He was in an accident. They won’t let me in to see him, but you need to get down here.” I tried to not break down again. I heard her shocked gasp.

“Is he, is he okay?” She asked.

“I don’t know. They said only family allowed in.”

“Oh, when I get there. How dare they not allow his own fiancée in to see him, I’ll be over as soon as I can. Okay. You look after him.” She hung up, my ear ringing a little from her shouting. I rang Glen next.

“Danny shown you the surprise?” He asked excitedly. Wrong thing to say. I was in hysterics, I fell to the floor, wailing. It would be embarrassing. But, I didn’t care about that.  “Oh god, what’s wrong?”

“Dan. Dan. Was in a crash. And he’s. In hospital. They. Won’t let. Me in. But. You need. To. Get here.” I sobbed

“Be there in 20.” He promised.

And he was. I felt his arms wrap around me.