Chapter 18

“We have to invite family.”

“I know we do. So what that’s like 6 people for me.” Dan replied, trying to work it all out.

“I guess, no cousins or anything?”

“I don’t know. We can see after we invite everyone. Let’s say 10 to be on the safe side.”

“Alright. Well, for me it really is 10. I have no choice but to invite my cousins.” I told him.

“Grand. Now, who else are we inviting?”

“I mean, I need Shawn and Jules. Gus and Henry. That’s another 4. I’d love for Susan and Kim to be there. And Chris. But other than that, I don’t have many requests.”

“We can work with this.” Dan nodded, thinking. “Obviously we need to invite Mark, Glen, Ben and Rodney. Paul as well. Brings us up to 32.”

“What about some friends of yours?”

“Will.I.Am, I’m going to invite the OneRepublic guys; you’d kill me otherwise.” We both laughed a little, I’d bumped into them in America once but everyone was so busy that we really didn’t get a chance to talk or anything.

“That sounds great.” I kissed his cheek. “You gotta have more friends than that Daniel.” I added with a laugh.

“Of course I have more friends than that.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Well come on, spill, we need to try and get some sort of number for this thing.” I insisted.

“Can’t I just write it down, my brain is struggling to handle all this?”

“Fine. God, you really can’t multi-task.” I handed him a notebook and a pen.

“This is my song-writing notebook.” He pouted.

“Deal with it Dan. We don’t have much else to write on round here, it’ll only take a few pages anyway.” He sighed but started noting down people. Ailish had already booked the venue, which was incredibly sweet of her. August 20th. So now we have a date there is no excuse to not send invites. And it really isn’t that far away now, just under two months. Dan is doing some exercises just to keep up a little strength in his leg without seriously hurting himself. Although, he has become a master on the crutches and his wheelchair skills are improving every day. Usually because I refuse to push him if he’s getting annoying, which is a lot, so he has had to learn to push himself.

“Since I’m doing all the hard work can you bring me some tea?” He asked.

“Fine. Only because you’re cute.” I muttered, walking into the kitchen to make some more tea. Shawn had learnt from our last visit and had stocked up on tea, practically a whole cupboard full, and Dan’s face when he saw it. Like a kid at Christmas. That really was adorable. Andrea was flying over so we could go dress shopping this week, and I obviously had to invite Kim. We still talk a lot despite the distance, unlike a lot of my other friends, we all still talk but not as much as me and Kim. So that should be entertaining. “Here you go sexy.” I placed it on the table next to him, and it went untouched for about 10 minutes before he finally realised it was there.